PDA

View Full Version : navbar

techno_adi
29 Sep 2006, 3:29 AM
Hi Jack,

I think the Navbar file is not included in the yahoo extension? If this is so, is there any implications on using it ( i mean the one used in your blog ). if there is any licence agreement, let me know. Also will it not be be officially included in yui-ext.

Reply awaited.

jack.slocum
29 Sep 2006, 4:11 AM
You are welcome to use it. It isn't part of yui-ext because it has some custom positioning and stuff that is related to the layout of my blog.

gmewing
11 Oct 2006, 12:55 AM
Hello,

I am totally new to the YUI and I'd like to use it for a web application, especially your very cool NavigationBar. Could you give an example of how to exploit and configure the navbar.js.

Thank you in advance
gmewing

jack.slocum
11 Oct 2006, 1:07 AM
gmewing, for starters I would make sure you search this forum for "navbar". There's a been a few topics about it.

Is it possible someone who has taken the navbar and customized it can explain some of the challenges of doing so? That would be great!

Jack

techno_adi
11 Oct 2006, 1:12 AM
Hi,
I think you must have a look at the source code of Jacks Blog..
Its pretty easy to understand and would serve as a best resource (ofcourse :) )
I have not implemented it till now..
but would be doing it in near future

gmewing
11 Oct 2006, 4:37 AM
Thankyou both for the quick response !

techno_adi
13 Oct 2006, 12:52 AM
Hi,
just a quick question as to what all do i need to include ( js and css) to have the left navigation panel (from the blog) up and running.
Thanks a lot.

techno_adi
3 Nov 2006, 7:07 AM
Hi,
just a quick question as to what all do i need to include ( js and css) to have the left navigation panel (from the blog) up and running.
Thanks a lot.

sorry folks to bring this up again, but i am facing some problems with operating jsbuilder.
can any one pleeeeeease send me the required combination for the use of splitter and navbar control only. I require this urgently.
i have included the yahoo utilities( all of them)
i have included the navbar-min.js
i have included the yui-ext.js which is huge and only require the part related to splitter and/ navbar
It should be the one with current release v 32.3.1 ( not with layoutmanager just build to jack).
Please help me out, i am waiting for a reply
my mail id is [email protected]
Thanks a lot

jbowman
3 Nov 2006, 8:08 AM
the navbar-min.js is still pretty much set for jack's site. You'd have to do some work on it to fit whatever layout you're running.

You could look at the 33-beta2 and play with the borderlayout, as it can do much of the same. Best idea might be to wait for it to become 33 final and all the documentation updated :)

techno_adi
3 Nov 2006, 11:47 PM
my problem is that i had to include the whole of yui-ext.js file when i am just using the splittera and navbar widgets (not the grid tabpanel etc..), so i just wanted the files (classes) related to it which i was not able to accompolish through the jsbuilder apps.
Layoutmanager is one of the best libraries :) , no doubt, but currently i have to use the older version only.

jack.slocum
4 Nov 2006, 12:14 AM
Adi,

You can probably get away with yui-ext-core.js and splitbar-lib.js

That's what all the files in the root are for. :)

You could probably trim out a lot of yui-ext-core.js as well.

techno_adi
4 Nov 2006, 12:24 AM
Thanks for the reply jack. :)
will it take care of the animation also?

I tried but having some problems with the rendering
i have included navbar-min, soplibar-lib and yui-ext-core
(i have the yahoo uitilities in place -- all of them)
is it somethin related to yui.ext.actor constructor in navbar-min? firefox error console says so..
Jack, a request :
If you could provide some demo of using ur jsbuilder apps, there would be no such questions
I think its difficult for persons like me to understand the usage of the apps at one go. :(

jack.slocum
4 Nov 2006, 1:29 AM
Oh yeah, you will definitely need the animator-lib as well. Sorry about that.

1. Make a new project in the source directory of the yui-ext download by clicking the new project button.

2. Change the Output Directory to somewhere else, it's easiest if you pick somewhere outside the yui-ext directory.

3. Click the add folder icon on the toolbar and pick the yui-ext source directory.

4. Check the files to include in the project

5. Click Add in the "Output Target" area and make a output file by drag and dropping files in the "Output Target" window.

6. Hit build

There's other stuff you can do, but this should get you started.

techno_adi
4 Nov 2006, 3:02 AM
Bingo Jack :)
U are always bang at target, I like that :D

Just one question about JSBuilder..
I was able to follow your steps and get started..butone silly question: how do i know what all js files would be required for particular widget i use ( say splitter) because, i guess in the documentation the classes are mentioned and not the js file in which these classes reside..??

thanks a lot for the help any way..U THE BEST :!:

jack.slocum
4 Nov 2006, 1:08 PM
There's no real way to know I guess. You would probably have to fiddle with it and find the right combo for you.