PDA

View Full Version : paid support/premium posts go to moderation?

smokeman
30 Oct 2009, 12:00 PM
is that right, or is something wrong with my acct? I posted to Premium help, and my post went to moderation....strange. I don't remember it doing that before.

VinylFox
30 Oct 2009, 12:02 PM
The entire forum does that now, its not limited to a particular section. Its part of our new spam filtering attempt for the forums.

Posts that get stuck in moderation will be cleared within a few hours at the most.

smokeman
30 Oct 2009, 12:11 PM
is it because of a long post?
cause this one didn't go to moderation...it just was posted immediately...

Mike Robinson
30 Oct 2009, 1:47 PM
They seem to keep a much tighter grip on what does and doesn't go into the paid-for forums.

aconran
30 Oct 2009, 2:12 PM
This is just part of the spam filtering. It's kept our forums clean and saved our volunteers several hours on a weekly basis. We apologize if you post got held up in moderation. It should be approved rather quickly.

VinylFox
30 Oct 2009, 5:55 PM
is it because of a long post?
cause this one didn't go to moderation...it just was posted immediately...

It runs on voodoo magic :) I honestly have no clue how it decides whats bad and whats good. At least I haven't been able to figure out a pattern so far. But like Aaron said, it has saved us tons of time not spent cleaning up the work of evil forum spammers.

They seem to keep a much tighter grip on what does and doesn't go into the paid-for forums.

Ummm...no. Paid or un-paid, it all goes through the same filter.

ikul
31 Oct 2009, 12:44 PM
I think only new people`s posts should be automaticly redirected to filter.
If smb already have reasonable posts should be allowed to post normally.

Looks like only longer posts are filtered.