PDA

View Full Version : very confused and lost - need some basic help

Digitalman
2 Nov 2009, 10:50 AM
I'm having trouble at the most basic level : config options and examples.

Here's my problem. I look up in the online docs for Ext.tree.TreePanel. In the included example is the following code:

// auto create TreeLoader

dataUrl: 'get-nodes.php',

root: {
:

I can find the config item for "root" just fine, but can't find "dataUrl". So then I thought, maybe it's in one of the parent classes, so I walked up the chain searching for "dataUrl" but without luck.

This is just one example of config items I can't find in the docs. There are several I'm having trouble finding and I'm beginning to think I've missed something really basic here. I've read through the tutorials, screencasts, etc. but I'm finding it really hard to get a grip on extjs.

Animal
2 Nov 2009, 11:08 AM
It's in the configuration object for the loader

So http://www.extjs.com/deploy/dev/docs/?class=Ext.tree.TreeLoader

Digitalman
3 Nov 2009, 7:24 AM
I see. I suppose the line:

// auto create TreeLoader

may have something to do with this. Of course, I have no idea what "auto create" means since it's not mentioned in the TreePanel doc.

So how does one learn about "auto creating"? Seems an easy enough concept, but not knowing where to look presents a bit of a problem. How would I know where/when I can use this? It's almost like I've missed some fundamental basic extjs document in my learning that describes a bunch of stuff I'm having issues with (mostly the basic building blocks). Perhaps it's because I am coming into the game at version 3 as opposed to version 1.