PDA

View Full Version : How to prevent selection of item in combo?

dbassett74
3 Nov 2009, 10:11 AM
I have a combo that contains a list of items. As the user types in the list, the list automatically narrows to show matching text. This is fine. However, one change that I need to make is that if the text the user types in the field does not completely match an item in the list, I DON'T want the next closest item selected when the user tabs off the combo. That is how it currently works. I have played around with different combinations of typeAhead, fourceSelection, selectOnFocus, but to no avail. Any help on this would be appreciated.

dbassett74
4 Nov 2009, 7:23 AM
Anyone?

dbassett74
18 Nov 2009, 7:56 AM
Can someone please help me on this?

Animal
18 Nov 2009, 8:40 AM
I think this has been reported and fixed.

Go to http://www.extjs.com/deploy/dev/examples/form/combos.html

And type "Califoop" in. At first you will see it narrow the "C" states down until only California is left, and then that will disappear. If you then tab off it does not select the closest match.

dbassett74
18 Nov 2009, 8:52 AM
I think this has been reported and fixed.

Go to http://www.extjs.com/deploy/dev/examples/form/combos.html

And type "Califoop" in. At first you will see it narrow the "C" states down until only California is left, and then that will disappear. If you then tab off it does not select the closest match.

Just tried it, and actually it does. If I type in Califoop, and tab off, California is then selected.

Animal
18 Nov 2009, 9:06 AM
Old version. Probably same with your Button problem.

dbassett74
18 Nov 2009, 9:07 AM
Old version of what? I'm using the sample off the ExtJS web site with FireFox 3.5.5.

dbassett74
18 Nov 2009, 9:17 AM
Okay, it actually does work (somewhat) in the second combo. If I type Califoon, and tab off, it doesn't select anything. Which is perfect. However, I also need to be able to type in Ca, and not have it select California for me. It is currently doing that. I only ever want the item to be selected if an exact match.