PDA

View Full Version : Wanting a black glass theme

WordTickler
7 Nov 2009, 8:19 AM
Actually, ANY information on changing themes in EXT 3.x would be welcome. But, truthfully, I'm really wanting to change it all to look like black glass (onyx?).

Can anyone help?

My Best,

WordTickler

mprice
7 Nov 2009, 10:29 AM
Try this - http://www.extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79679

WordTickler
7 Nov 2009, 1:59 PM
Yep, I did. Thanks for giving the link again, though. Lost it.

I just couldn't get it to look like black glass. Somehow, the auto-calculated colors were too dark (i.e. the light part of the glass above the dark part on a panel bar was still too dark).

Just thought maybe someone had already solved the dilemma. And, too, I was hoping for any more information on what all the parts are (of the entire EXT system) that need to be changed. Couldn't find anything in the documentation about that.

Thanks for giving the link, again.

My best,

WordTickler

Jaitsu
8 Nov 2009, 3:25 AM
Theming is still pretty primitive in Ext, your best shot at a 'wizard' approach is that link provided. Or you can always use a different theme created by somebody else. Never seen a black glass theme.

WordTickler
8 Nov 2009, 1:01 PM
Theming is still pretty primitive in Ext, your best shot at a 'wizard' approach is that link provided. Or you can always use a different theme created by somebody else. Never seen a black glass theme.

Part of my problem is that I can't find documentation on how to even implement a theme. The file generated by the wizard goes where? Must any .js files be edited? Any .css files? Anyone?

WordTickler
8 Nov 2009, 1:24 PM
Here's an example of why the wizard at http://extbuilder.dynalias.com/springapp/mainpage.htm is not doing it for me.

There is a red-based color being introduced that has no origin I can discern. Let me explain. Go to the link and put in these values:

Base color: #000000 <--- black
Background color: #0B0A1B <--- bark blue-based
Border color: #211E36 <--- medium blue-based
Header Font color: #FFFFFF <--- white
Font color: #8989DD <--- light blue-based

Notice that these are the only color values you can change, they are all blue or black-based--no reds in there anywhere.

When applied, some calculation somewhere is causing the window backgrounds to have a red-based, sort of brown look. Now where the heck did that color come from?

So the bottom line is, I need some specific information on what elements use what colors. This wizard is obviously not taking all the elements into account (or is doing the math wrong).

WordTickler

iv_ekker
10 Nov 2009, 5:30 PM
Greetings.

I could explain how the wizard works.
The wizard just shifts colors of all colored elements of native ExtJS framework blue theme.
Result color depends on native color and value of shifting that you point by colorpickers.
It saves color proportion of native theme.

There are many elements and many colors in native blue theme. All elements have gradients and it is not possible to point one color for all elements.

Could you say what do you want to see black and what do you want to see glass in the theme you wished ?

Excuse me with my broken english.

WordTickler
11 Nov 2009, 7:23 AM
Greetings.

I could explain how the wizard works.
The wizard just shifts colors of all colored elements of native ExtJS framework blue theme.
Result color depends on native color and value of shifting that you point by colorpickers.
It saves color proportion of native theme.

There are many elements and many colors in native blue theme. All elements have gradients and it is not possible to point one color for all elements.

Could you say what do you want to see black and what do you want to see glass in the theme you wished ?

Excuse me with my broken english.

Hi. Thanks, for offering to help. The wizard clearly has the problem I cited--red based color where no red was desired. I don't need any help using or understanding the wizard, thanks. I know what its problem is.

Since there is no disclosed data on the information I need, I've gathered it on my own. I have been able to achieve the glass effect I wanted from my 30+ hours of studying the css and js files. In essence, I have all I need to produce a skinning interface at this point.

Thanks, anyway.

aw1zard2
11 Nov 2009, 7:35 AM
You wanting something like this?

I've started making a new theme these are just the buttons so far. This is a touch screen ext js project too reason for the square buttons. :)

And it's not even 10% finished on the new theme. LOL

It's not that hard to do themes.
Just look at file xtheme-blue.css under resources/css in the ext 3 folder.

Instead of using ext-all.css use ext-notheme.css then below it your own theme file like the xtheme-blue.css.

=)

Sorry for not having the theme finished but I have other important things getting in the way JS wise.

:)

aw1zard2
11 Nov 2009, 7:47 AM
If you want a quick reference I used the slickness theme before with ext2 and it seems to be working for the most part in ext 3 according to this post.

http://www.extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78692

Original post of slickness ext2.x
http://www.extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28024

WordTickler
11 Nov 2009, 7:50 AM
Wow. Good stuff. It sucks, though, that I've already put in the 30+ hours of research. Could have saved me some time.

You rock!

WordTickler

aw1zard2
11 Nov 2009, 7:56 AM
If you get stuck on anything just let me know.

:)