PDA

View Full Version : how can a grid be notified before the container window resizes

aj3423
9 Nov 2009, 8:21 AM
Hi, I'm working on a grid(using BufferView) that have MANY columns and rows, it's wrapped in a window, so when I resize the window, it'll take long for the grid to finish resize. How to improve the performance? (solutions like paging grid or livegrid doesn't meet my requirement)

Now I'm thinking about:
Since it's the count of div in the grid that causes performance issue, if I clear the grid's content, the resize would be very quick.

so if the grid can recieve an event like 'beforeContainerResize', I can clear the grid's content by grid.body.innerHTML = '', and then after the grid finishes resizing, call gridView.refresh() to redraw the body.

is this possible?

Thanks in advance.

Animal
9 Nov 2009, 8:35 AM
Blatting the innerHTML of an element which contains elements that are under active management by an Ext widget would gain you what exactly?

GridView.refresh on a huge Grid might be fast???

aj3423
9 Nov 2009, 8:50 AM
Sorry for my English.. I'm not quite understand what you mean, but I've tested for 10column 5000row in Firefox, the resize is very slow, and the gridview.refresh is much more quick.