PDA

View Full Version : Ext JS and Microchip MPFS2 Utility

KJD
9 Nov 2009, 11:21 AM
Hi All -
I am developing an embedded Ethernet application using a Microchip ENC424J600 10/100Mbps MAC/PHY. The hardware is proven and I can get simple HTML and JS files to load using the MPFS utility.
Now I would like to use the Ext 3.0 library to get some really nice web pages loaded but they don't seem to work properly. I suspect that all project files (HTML, CSS, JS, GIF, etc) must reside in one directory for this to work properly.
So my question is how do I get all of the Ext 3.0 files in one directory? Is there a tool to do this easily?

Thanks for any help or advice.
Keith

aw1zard2
9 Nov 2009, 1:42 PM
What spec of html? I would try Ext.core first and see if you could get them working with that. You won't be able to use the full library if it is a simple html with older javascript specs. Not sure about this chip but some of the older embedded chips we used when I was at a previous job. We had to go with a older limited javascript version to get them to run.

:)

KJD
9 Nov 2009, 1:49 PM
Hi aw1zard2 -
Thanks for the reply. I am just using one of the example forms that came with the Ext 3.0 library - as far as I know nothing special.
I am able to use other JS libraries like ActiveWidgets with no problems but I really need to run Ext 3.0 on this application.
I am not sure I understand what you mean by trying Ext.core first? Could you please explain?

aw1zard2
9 Nov 2009, 1:57 PM
Ext.core doesn't have all the widgets just the core of the library. You can do some things with it etc. I would use it with a small example to see if it works ok then if so goto the main library. I haven't looked into moving the ext files into one directory. So if I have time tonight I will play around with that. Only thing I see needing to be done is making sure the images listed in the css are correct path wise.

KJD
9 Nov 2009, 2:08 PM
I will download the Ext Core and try that. The MPFS utility does look like it is including all of the correct paths so I'm not sure what's going on.
The web page works on the PC but maybe there are some unknown paths that I haven't tracked down yet.

KJD
9 Nov 2009, 2:16 PM
Hi aw1zard2 -
I downloaded the Ext Core and tried the example menu and that doesn't work either. Hmm . . . I thought this would work well. There must be some underlying reason to this.

aw1zard2
9 Nov 2009, 2:33 PM
What HTTP server are you running with it?

If you can give some more details I might be able to track down what might be the issue(s).

:)

evanc
9 Nov 2009, 2:34 PM
Are you getting an error? Install Firebug for Firefox and see if that reveals anything. There's no reason it shouldn't work.

KJD
9 Nov 2009, 7:18 PM
Hi aw1zard2 -
I am running the Microchip TCP/IP stack version 5.0 with HTTP2 server. This is the first TCP/IP & JS project that I have really worked with so I'm not sure what details would help. I have taken the Ext JS 3.0 example file from the forms subdirectory called "form-grid" as a starting point for this application. The webpage works in FF and IE so I feel pretty good the code is fine. The hardware this is running on is a microcontroller with a 10/100 Ethernet MAC/PHY. The TCP/IP stack is running fine and uses HTTP2 for the server function. I can get standard HTML and other simpler JS pages to load and run without any problems. At this point I am thinking that the MPFS utility must be doing something wrong. It does show all of the web page files being converted but the Ext JS library is much larger in size so this might be where the problem lies.