PDA

View Full Version : Advice on Slow TabPanel (render)

swarm
10 Nov 2009, 4:29 AM
I'm having a bit of a problem with a tabpanel rendering slowly inside a border layout.

The tabpanel only has 6 tabs but there are quite a number of grids inside each tab, the odd form (with columns, htmleditors and combos) and a batch of hbox's and vbox's

Does anyone have any advice on how I can speed up the transition between tabs (currently it takes approx 10 seconds to load).

Even if I could somehow pre-render tab2 once the first one has displayed or something or render all of them at once and display some form of "renderMask" type thing.

Does anyone have any advice or best practices about how I should achieve a nice fast UI?

Condor
10 Nov 2009, 4:55 AM
You can configure your TabPanel with deferredRender:false to render all pages, even if they are not shown.

But the main problem is probably the grids that are resized to fit the tabpanel. This can be slow if the grid contains lots of rows/columns.

Consider creating smaller grids (e.g. by using paging or BufferView) or using a smaller grid replacement (e.g. TableView or ListView).

swarm
10 Nov 2009, 5:07 AM
Thanks for getting back to me Condor,

I'll give that a go and see what happens and get back to you :)