PDA

View Full Version : grid tutorial not working

trops
1 Jul 2007, 1:35 PM
I am new to Ext, and have been working with the complex layout, some toolbars, etc, now I am getting to the grid piece. I have downloaded the tutorial files from extjs.com posted by Shea entitled "Tutorial: Beginning Using the Grid Component". I load the files, all of the ext libs are referenced correctly, no errors in firebug, yet the grid data doesnt show. In fact nothing shows on the entire page.

I resorted to downloading the files, when I tried to add a grid in my test area (complex layout, etc) and only the column headers showed up, but no data in the grid.

Can anyone confirm or deny that this tutorial works? Has anyone downloaded the files and tested this? I tried IE, and FF, and both display nothing.

I have searched the forums, etc, and I just cant seem to get this grid working.

Thanks in advance gang.

John

ajaxE
1 Jul 2007, 2:12 PM
it works. Only that you need to deploy to the server and also put it in the correct directory if you don't change anything.

Hope this helps.

trops
1 Jul 2007, 3:22 PM
I even check in firebug and it is getting the appropriate response from the request for the xml file. It just never renders the grid...any other suggestions? Am I missing something? I am using the exact files that I downloaded, I only changed the paths for the ext libs.

Anyone?

trops
1 Jul 2007, 3:31 PM
it works. my eyes are playing tricks. thanks,