PDA

View Full Version : Dynamic grids - revisited

Whatty
16 Nov 2009, 10:07 AM
Good afternoon,

I would like to have a grid where the columns displayed are based upon a response from the server.

I did a quick search on a dynamic grid and I see a lot of posts back in the 2007 / 2008 timeframe and am wondering if this has made it into the base ExtJS libraries.

I do not see an example online or in the download, but did notice a bunch of posts regarding a

DynamicColumnModel

which I am assuming is bound to the server results, but could not find a working implementation for that.

Does anyone have a working implementation or direction on how to implement this.

Thanks in advance.

Bobbin
16 Nov 2009, 12:46 PM
I hope this helps: I create whole grids (floating in windows) dynamically. Have your event - a valid response from server - fire a function that either modifies an exisitng grid or destroys and recreates a whole new grid based on the server's response. You could have the server respond with the full structure of the grid or meta data which your function can interpret into a grid.

If you want to take the destroy-recreate path the following will give you a hint where to start:

var parentObject = Ext.getCmp(parentObjectID);
parentObject.add();