PDA

View Full Version : Best layout

bkraut
2 Dec 2009, 3:19 PM
Hi, I'm wandering what is the best layout for something following requirement:

I need a field on a form with postalCode and next to it should be another field with a city. I tried column layout, but it doesn't look good if a form is resized.

First field should be fixed width and the second should be reisizable (anchor 100%)

lorezyra
2 Dec 2009, 5:10 PM
Hi, I'm wandering what is the best layout for something following requirement:

I need a field on a form with postalCode and next to it should be another field with a city. I tried column layout, but it doesn't look good if a form is resized.

First field should be fixed width and the second should be reisizable (anchor 100%)
Typically, I would first draw out by hand on paper how I wanted my design to appear. My design would always dictate how the code will present the design...

Perhaps, you could do the same? Open up a Paint program; draw your design; and post the intended look of your form. Makes it easier to suggest the layout when everyone can see how you want it...

Animal
3 Dec 2009, 12:20 AM
hbox or column should do it.

bkraut
3 Dec 2009, 3:14 PM
Thanks Animal.

I'm using column. I modified it a little - so I have a reasonable solution now.
Can I use hbox within a form? I had some problems using absolute in the context of a form layout.

Short told - I'm building special components like Account chooser, where I selet an Account from a grid and there is several fields populated. Widthets like this I'm using then in a form.

The same goes for postalCode chooser.