This consultation is valid for all versions of Ext

http://www.extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=87993

18 Dec 2009, 9:14 AM
yeah, that's the way HTML works.

gestrada
18 Dec 2009, 9:24 AM
but not so with select traditional html

18 Dec 2009, 9:27 AM
rrrrrrriiiiiiiight. but the combo is not a traditional HTML item.
Please tell me you're not just using Ext JS for a single widget.

gestrada
18 Dec 2009, 9:45 AM
The truth, yes, I am developing the application that need to create multiple tab panel (20) all in parallel. And in each tab a form with at least 20 field. Then with the development team arrives at each form agreement to create a separate page, which loads its own library Ext. Truth works pretty fast

18 Dec 2009, 9:55 AM
And what made you decide that loading two instances of Ext JS is a good idea?

gestrada
18 Dec 2009, 10:02 AM
We had two alternatives, first create all the components in a document object, that worked fine on my pc only, since it is powerful. The second is the aforementioned previous amount and the speed increased considerably.

Any suggestions?

18 Dec 2009, 11:15 AM
I don't understand how you came to the conclusion that having 20 instances of Ext JS is faster.

gestrada
18 Dec 2009, 11:57 AM
The bad thing is that it creates many ext tag "div" and that eventually adds to the load to the browser, then divide the various interfaces in the browser iframe tag him like a new application and new resources allocated for that window. Test done you will be surprised.

18 Dec 2009, 12:57 PM
Yeah, i still don't have a clue why you would think it's a good idea. :-\

wm003
19 Dec 2009, 10:08 AM
i guess he is speaking about a new DOM-Tree in every iframe. i also had tests in the past to split huge parts of the dom tree into separate iframes to make manipulation of theses parts much faster. (at least in IE and without using extjs)
The downside ofcourse is, every iframe needs its own extjs and its harder to communicate between all these different iframe-dom-trees.

gestrada
20 Dec 2009, 5:03 PM
It works pretty well, but my question is different and I would not change the subject