PDA

View Full Version : capturing POST

nicobarten
22 Dec 2009, 5:52 AM
hi all.

I want to build a web application with ExtJS which does the following (well much more but..):

* user types in a textfield an existing website (url, like http://www.google.nl)
* when in the website there's a form, which sends the form data via POST when the user clicks on the form's submit button, the ExtJS app should capture the POST data (like, name: 'Jack', age: '18').

Is this even possible?

realjax
22 Dec 2009, 7:36 AM
Phishing, basically ?

nicobarten
23 Dec 2009, 12:54 PM
no, not really (phishing is faking an important website isn't it?). The final goal is:

1) To go the a certain website of a company, look at the 'jobs' page, and store the url
2) Store all url's in a database.
3) Search for jobs by getting the page html source of each url and looking for the searched word

The problem however is, many times when you want the 'jobs' list of a certain company, it shows a page where you must enter the conditions for the job (like country, or type job) and then click a button (like 'search') and then you get the job page. If the info is send via GET, the url is enough, but when POST is used, i can't use the url, because it will link next time to the job search page, not the job list.

That's why i need to find out what POST's are used and what the values are.