PDA

View Full Version : Desktop TaskBar not scrolling

kiran-gxt
24 Dec 2009, 9:42 AM
Hi
I copied the desktop application from the gxt site with version 2. 1..
it worked fine till we add few windows but once we add more than 10 windows.it doesnt show scroll bar to view all those windows.
When we looked at the code in taskbuttonpanel all the scrollable funcitonality is commented.
Can you please look into this.we need it urgent.
Attached the screen shot

sven
24 Dec 2009, 10:28 AM
This is not a bug as this is not even implemented and is not intended to work.

kiran-gxt
26 Dec 2009, 9:39 AM
when can we expect this feature to be delivered.
We need this feature for an Important Project.
Please let us know the progress of this feature.

sven
26 Dec 2009, 10:10 AM
There are no plans to implement this. You can do this on your own. The basic sources are there.

kiran-gxt
26 Dec 2009, 9:53 PM
can you please help me find the resources and leads to develop this feature.
Is the quick launch bar also not developed in gxt.
Can you help me out in implementing this feature..

deanna
27 Dec 2009, 7:53 AM
The desktop is an example of what you can do with gxt, not a predefined environment to use. If you are going to create a desktop type app I would start from scratch and build in security, a MVP pattern, and a good definition of the types of things your desktop can host.
For an example of a scrolling taskbar, check out the code for the javascript version at http://qwikioffice.com/. use that as a model to make your component.

On edit: I rechecked that site, it had been a while and they seem to have removed the scrolling code. Somewhere I have a taskbar.js that has scrolling in it if you want that as a model let me know.

Raulvadillo
8 Jan 2010, 1:32 AM
I'm also interested in this two points:

1. - Taskbar scrolling.
2. - Quicklaunch bar.

Deanna, if you could help us with that taskbar.js or any other stuff, i will be very thankfull of you.

deanna
8 Jan 2010, 6:08 AM
PM me your email and I will send them to you.

kiran-gxt
9 Jan 2010, 10:11 AM
The taskBar scrolling and quick launch bar are implemented in qwiki office and it is also part of ext js 3.0.
Can you help me in converting the javascript version to gxt(java version).
I mean not configurable native javascript but java code..

deanna
10 Jan 2010, 6:46 AM
The taskBar scrolling and quick launch bar are implemented in qwiki office and it is also part of ext js 3.0.
Can you help me in converting the javascript version to gxt(java version).
I mean not configurable native javascript but java code..

If you are new to GXT then this would be a good project for you to learn about components. It is too big a project though to ask someone else to convert it for you, at least a day maybe two. The example js code is not well written either - at least the one I have seen so that needs cleaning up too. This is probably a great learning project for you though. There is an Ext Blog (look at top menu on this page) entry about creating GXT components, that would be a place to start.