PDA

View Full Version : Design Issue -- Please Help..!!!

maddaliravi
29 Dec 2009, 12:22 PM
Hi ,
I am new to Extjs. Please guide me in designing the following scenario.

I am working in a Web based Geospatial Appliaction much like Google Maps, where in we can navigate ,zoom to a particular area and also view the map and apart from that we can place and edit geospatial boundaries (by drawing lines,points and curves etc.,).

While Placement we have to show user a dynamic window based on the item that user trying to place.This window will have a lot of input fields that are required to be entered by user before he/she actually place the item. And some of the input fields are populated dynamically(using Ajax..) etc.,

And this dynamic window varies with the kind of item that user trying to place on the map.

I am looking for a Framework to create the dynamic window using extjs.
for ex:- create an XML kind of stuff for every item that can be placed on the map.
and as soon as the user selects a particular item to place, coresponding xml file should be returned from the server and renedered as the EXTJS dynamic window in the browser ??

let me know if anybody have any better ideas.

Thanks in Advance.

Attached a Sample Dynamic Window for reference.

29 Dec 2009, 1:13 PM
This is a help forum, you don't need to include "Help!!!!" in your title!

Animal
30 Dec 2009, 12:21 AM
Don't use XML. Just use a JSON config object which describes the Component. Then there's no conversion necessary.