PDA

View Full Version : Data grid paging with generic handlers using c#

Sai Dasika
8 Jan 2010, 2:56 AM
Hi,
I am a newbie to EXTJS and i am working on ASP.NET C#.I know how to retrieve data from the database with page number at hand.

I am using a generic handler to prepare the JSON string with the start and end parameters,BUT don't know how to send these parameters to the generic handler in ASP.NET c#.

NOTE:I read the already existing links but didn't get to know how it is done.

HELP NEEDED:s!
Thanks,
Sai Dasika.

MiamiCoder
8 Jan 2010, 2:42 PM
It's not very clear to me, but you might be asking an ASP.NET question.

To capture the parameters in your handler you will need something like this:

start = request.Params["start"]
limit = request.Params["limit"]

Is this what you're asking?

Sai Dasika
9 Jan 2010, 6:14 AM
Hi,
Thanq for the reply.I know how to retrieve parametric data sent to the handler.What I actually need is to send the start and end parameters from the javascript to the handler.

How do we create these start and end parameters,How can we initialize to the page count in the javascript is what i wanted,IS this done in the store alone are my questions.

URGENT HELP NEEDED!
Thanx,

Sai Dasika.

bikithalee
5 Jun 2012, 9:59 AM
If you are looking paging in datagrid , it is better to hadle paging part in dataadapter. You can fill the dataset according to your record selection in dataadpter and show it in datagrid. This is the simple method for paging and not much complicated . I hav found a repeater paging example http://asp.net-informations.com/repeater/repeater-paging.htm you can refer the link and implement in the same way to your datagrid.

bikitha.