PDA

View Full Version : GridPanel in TabPanel nested in CardLayout: Grids get 'mixed up'

Jazor
15 Jan 2010, 7:36 AM
Hi all, a bit of a problem...

I have a CardLayout Panel that has TabPanels dynamically added to it.

Each TabPanel has GridPanels as items, which are dynamically added and removed.

So that's grid panels nested in tab panels, which are in turn nested in a card layout.

(There is a TreePanel which is used to change between TabPanels.)

When I switch between tab panels it seems like the grids are getting 'mixed up'. The pagination toolbars are showing values associated with different grids and the grid views cannot be refreshed in any way.

I'm not seeking a specific solution to my bug at this point, but would like some advise on whether I can nest tab panels and grids in this way.

Am I missing something?

Condor
15 Jan 2010, 7:46 AM
Are you sure that each paging toolbar is bound to the same store as its grid?

Jazor
15 Jan 2010, 8:24 AM
Thanks for the pointer.

Each new grid initially displays correctly, and each grid is initially associated with the correct store (and store parameters). I can verify this by looking the HTTP requests in Firebug showing the expected JSON parameters.

There is a mix up of stores or/and parameters between paging toolbars. I'm trying to diagnose now.

Unfortunately there's a lot going on in my code, and it is not in a suitable state to post today.

Jazor
16 Jan 2010, 9:14 AM
My issue is a more general scope problem.

I've created a new thread here: http://www.extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89879