PDA

View Full Version : Column Layout Question

Bleak
27 Jan 2010, 7:47 AM
I have a column layout which is broken into 3 distinct areas, the middle area being the primary.

My problem is this, when I get the middle panel through Ext.get('id') and append a child for adding in <ul><li>... items the rendered results are putting the li elements at the bottom of the panel.

When the columns are rendered, Ext automatically adds a div in the middle of the column. This div is pushing my elements below it and for the life of me I can not get the <ul> items to float in the middle.

Any ideas, hints?

Bleak
27 Jan 2010, 8:03 AM
I don't know why, but if I create a reference to a Ext.Element and then select .down('div').down('div), everything works.

Just creating a single column layout, with nothing in it seems to create 3 levels of div's.. is this standard? I thought I could get a reference to my specific element id and add children it it, but looks like I need to navigate further down to the auto-generated div's...

Below, I really want to add a child of UL, so I can insert LI into it using an Ext.Template.. But, I find myself having to get a reference to my div (dd-taskbar-buttons-panel) and then navigating down 2 (seemingly arbitrary) nested divs to accomplish what I am looking for.

Any thoughts?

this.taskbarButtonsPanel = Ext.get('dd-taskbar-buttons-panel').down('div').down('div');
this.tmpElement = this.taskbarButtonsPanel.createChild({tag: 'ul', id: 'dd-this-one'});