PDA

View Full Version : form default values using standardSubmit=true

gtg609h
27 Jan 2010, 6:35 PM
Greetings.

Here is the situation:
I have an ExtJS form that has several elements which are used to filter the results from a database table. I choose to go with standardSubmit = true because the displayed table containing the data is VERY large and a bit too unwieldy for AJAX. Once the user selects some filtering options, the page is reloaded with the new table and the form is again displayed at the top. However, it does not contain the values the user entered previously, which is desired.

Is there a way for an ExtJS form to reload the values the user entered in the previous page? These values are in the address bar because the form was submitted using GET, if that helps any. I could probably use PHP to generate javascript that would set the defaults, but I was wondering if there is a shortcut.

Thanks for your time and I appreciate any assistance.
-stephen

jsemmanuel
27 Jan 2010, 10:02 PM
Since the page is being loaded again, I don't think there is a shortcut other than doing <?php isset($_GET['variable'])?$_GET['variable']:'' ?>

However since the user anyway has to wait for the whole page and the grid with the lot of data to load, why don't you just set a loadmask for the grid and load it via ajax? It might be simpler and cooler too. Or using paging if you don't have to show all the data at the same time.