PDA

View Full Version : Speed of my app compared with 2.3

mschering
1 Feb 2010, 12:08 AM
Hi,

I've been waiting to upgrade from 2.3 to 3.x for a long time now. And every time I attempt it I'm stuggling with the enormous speed decrease. To demonstrate this I've setup my app with both ext 2.3 and ext 3.1.1-beta. The beta still is very slow on IE7 and 8 at least.

Group-Office running with ext 2.3:
http://demo.group-office.eu/

Group-Office running with ext 3.1.1-beta
http://dev.group-office.eu/

Username and password: demo

The one with ext 3.1.1 beta is simply unusable with IE8.

Don't mind the startup times. The 3.1.1 version is running in debug mode which means all sources are not minified and it will take longer to download all those files. The 2.3 demo compresses all javascript into one file.

Try opening some dialogs and notice the speed difference.

I hope this will help you in speeding up ext or point me into the right direction of fixing those speed issues!

Thanks!

realjax
1 Feb 2010, 7:08 AM
To be honest the only real difference in speed I can see is the initial creation of panel and windows..
After they've been rendered once, it seems just as speedy.

Impresseive application by the way!!

mschering
1 Feb 2010, 7:17 AM
Thanks!

I know only the initial rendering is slower. But on older machines running IE you will get warnings like: "Stop the running script? The script is causing internet explorer to run slowly etc.". So this is really a show stopper. This has to speed up before I can upgrade to 3.x.

Jamie Avins
1 Feb 2010, 10:38 AM
We will have an updated beta soon, there are a couple of areas of optimization that may help you which might not make it in 3.1.1. I'd like to try those in your application after 3.1.1 is released.

rich02818
1 Feb 2010, 10:56 AM
We will have an updated beta soon, there are a couple of areas of optimization that may help you which might not make it in 3.1.1. I'd like to try those in your application after 3.1.1 is released.

My app has some extremely complex screens (all dynamically created) with many nested tabpages and hundreds of controls...I'm following these performance issues very closely. I'd be happy to try any available optimizations against my app and report back.

Rich Walker
Dev. license with Silver Support

mschering
1 Feb 2010, 12:43 PM

Great! I will be very happy to try those patches on my app. Because I want to stay with the latest Ext releases and use all those new features but the speed is holding me back.
Thanks a lot for all your efforts and I'm looking forward for the updated beta version!

mschering
9 Feb 2010, 2:55 AM
It's better with 3.1.1 but unfortunately still not as speedy as with 2.3.
Is there any way to optimize my app for 3.1.1 instead of 2.3?