PDA

View Full Version : Need help with the broken comobox component.

darren
3 Feb 2010, 11:01 AM
It was bad enough when I could not change the display field from a remote source, but now it is not passing the POST variable at all from a remote source. I am trying to cut down what comes up in my combobox for when I have 10,000 customers, but I think I am out of luck with this buggy gadget. Now the combobox is not doing and POST data at all, and it applying correctly to the field. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong here? The same code works fine on a different form.

Here is what is being applied over:

<input type="text" name="customer_check[customer_id]" id="customer_check_customer_id" />

Here is my javascript code to apply it, and it is being populated with a value when I try to POST it.

if (Ext.get('customer_check_customer_id') != null) {
var customer = new Ext.form.ComboBox({
applyTo: 'customer_check_customer_id',
displayField: 'id',
forceSelection: true,
mode: 'remote',
selectOnFocus: true,
store: customerStore,
triggerAction: 'all',
typeAhead: true,
width: 150
});
}

Why is the combobox widget so buggy? Is there not a way to fix these bugs?

darren
3 Feb 2010, 11:37 AM
Tried to change it to a fancier combobox but it still won't pass the value.

darren
3 Feb 2010, 12:04 PM
Forget it, the DOM is not event detecting the Combobox on all browsers. It won't even pass the POST variable empty.

ShatyUT
3 Feb 2010, 12:04 PM
I'm not sure what the problem is. Is it that the wrong value is sent when the form is submitted? Check out the hiddenName property of the ComboBox. The docs for it are very confusing to me but that will be submitted as another parameter with the request allowing you to get at the value rather than the display.

If that's not the issue you are seeing, then I guess I misunderstood your question.

darren
3 Feb 2010, 12:10 PM
No, its like the browser wouldn't even detect the field after I had applied the widget to it. So when I hit submit it would not pass the POST data at all. Nothing would be posted. After I took the widget off it worked. Its like POST data wasn't even being passed because the browser could not detect the field. The browsers btw are Firefox and Safari.

darren
3 Feb 2010, 4:04 PM
Has anyone the slightest idea? It is now not passing the field for all my forms and that is scary because its going to ruin a lot of usability in my application.

darren
3 Feb 2010, 4:09 PM
Lesson learned people, always put your form tags where they need to be! LOL