PDA

View Full Version : load data from php in extjs form

aaqee
15 Feb 2010, 1:18 AM
Hi Experts,

i m using extjs to develop an application. i m the new user of extjs. i want to populate/load data in a form wher euser can update its information. so please give me any help or any suggestion.......

Waiting for help,
Aqeel Shamas

bclinton
15 Feb 2010, 1:35 AM
There an example of how to do that here: http://examples.extjs.eu/

You want the 'Form Load and Submit' example in the Form category

aaqee
15 Feb 2010, 3:08 AM
Dear Bclinton,

I checked that example and trying to use it, as it is. but this is not working......... my code is listing below please see and tell me whats the error......

Please find the attachment......

Regards,
Aaqee

bclinton
15 Feb 2010, 3:14 AM
Your question is so general that I have to assume you are in over your head.

I suggest you try to learn to create a grid using test data stored in an array. Familiarize yourself with some basic Ext code and concepts before you try to load server side data.

The Ext Learning Center would be a good place to start: http://www.extjs.com/learn/Main_Page

aaqee
15 Feb 2010, 10:41 PM
Dear Sir,

Thanx alot for yur help dear, basically i m a php developer and i want to use extjs with php. but now i m thinking that i have to quit my idea because i have less time and i want a major help but nobody is guiding me properly here........... :(

Regards,

Aaqee

bclinton
23 Feb 2010, 10:09 AM
I know how you feel. ExtJs can have a pretty big learning curve, especially if you aren't already familiar with JavaScript or the document object model. It can be easy to get frustrated.

I think I sent you to the wrong example. It is too much to absorb at once. I suggest you start with something simpler. Try the Array Grid example and work forward http://www.extjs.com/deploy/dev/examples/grid/array-grid.html

From there, you could could go in several different directions, but you eventually want to load a grid with dynamic data from PHP so I think a good next step would be to try and convert that basic Array Grid to a JSON store rather than an ArrayStore. Then, populate it with data from a static text file containing JSON. Then, when you have that right, try to generate the JSON from your PHP application.

djfiii
23 Feb 2010, 10:16 AM
I'll add to that - if you aren't prepared to spend a LOT of time learning EXTJS, you will not get much benefit from it. The things you can accomplish without a good understanding of the framework are very limited. Basically, you can mimic the canned examples that are posted. Or you can toss up a viewport with some autoLoad panels and have a nice UI that doesn't do much. As soon as you need to deviate from those, you're in trouble. If this sounds like a criticism, it is only partly - the complexity is also what drives the unbelievable flexibility and functionality. So, IMO, it's worth investing the time to learn properly.

aaqee
3 Mar 2010, 11:16 PM
Thanks a lot guys,

I got your point. You guided me to right direction. i ll start work on it and i ll ask you for help if you guys dnt mind this. because its my wish to learn and develop an application in extjs.

Regards,
aaqee