PDA

View Full Version : Row Editor Problems

extshrek
15 Feb 2010, 4:58 PM
I have a GridPanel with RowEditor enabled and also a jsonwriter attached to the store for CRUD operations. My column model has some of the columns marked as Allowblank:false. When I am creating a new row, from the first instance it starts giving me the "Field is required" error and it is blinking and not going away even the fields are filled. Is there any way to overcome this problem?

Thanks

extshrek
16 Feb 2010, 9:11 PM
I have a GridPanel with RowEditor enabled and also a jsonwriter attached to the store for CRUD operations. My column model has some of the columns marked as Allowblank:false. When I am creating a new row, from the first instance it starts giving me the "Field is required" error and it is blinking and not going away even the fields are filled. Is there any way to overcome this problem?

Thanks

I am giving up on Roweditor which has so many issues. In addition to the above problem, Roweditor fails when you move columns around. I know I can fix RowEditor extendor source code but I want to leave it and start using editorgridpanel. I dont know if someone else is using RowEditor successfully on a horizontally scrolling grid without validation issues?

stalek
19 Feb 2010, 4:30 AM
Hi,
maybe this config value on RowEditor will be useful:

errorSummary: false,

I have a lot of issues/problems with this editor also. I use autoExpandColumn feature and I scale panels according to browser size changes and today I had to modify the code of RowEditor significantly (performing editor size calculations based on header size of the column after window resizing instead of constant values from the column model, subscription to such events like bodyResize, change in button position calculation and so on) ;(

It really makes me nervous. I'm waiting for the support answer for a few days also (without any info they started working on my issue finally) ;(

Do you feel you are alone with the problems also ?

I noticed also when I double click on the cell I see two cell editors sometimes. One comes straight from a grid and one from RowEditor (race conditions?). To fix it do something like this on EditorGridPanel configuration:

listeners :{
scope : this,
beforeedit : function(e){
e.cancel=true;
}
}

Regards,
Alek

extshrek
20 Feb 2010, 4:29 PM
I noticed also when I double click on the cell I see two cell editors sometimes.

You can use a normal GridPanel instead of EditPanel and avoid the above problem.
But it is very strange the ExtJS team didnt do enough testing on Roweditor before they released it. It is loosing layout when moving columns around which is hard to beleive they didnt test. I have reported a bug few days ago and no reply from them yet.

Anyway I replaced it with EditPanel and continuing wih the work. No much difference other than a great way of seperating a single record entry from the Grid of records and more control.:s