PDA

View Full Version : extjs doesn't work well on IE!!!

re7abmk
24 Feb 2010, 1:00 AM
I have PROBLEMS on extsj 3.1.1 on IE8 (with and without compatibility view)
1- i used tabpanels (my application is utf-8 because it's arabic application) tabpanels didn't display well on IE although it display very well on FF and chrome
the main problem is that extjs doesn't support arabic and utf-8 format (but it works on FF and Google Chrome so what!!!)?? any idea?

2- about the shortcuts... i have many icons there aren't display because of overflow:hidden.... i didn't solve the problem by change the attribute of overflow.. i add div as separation and give position style absolute to the main div it works well in FF and chrome but not on IE:-?
the solution that i got is that i write style for each <dt> of each shortcut but this is not a good solution-i think- .... any help for this point... i can't explain this point well i know

3- i'm working on desktop example, i made full application and it works well thanks GOD but i have problem that i can't understand.... i want to open iframe from the icons that are in the right side of start menu (logout, setting) i made 4 icons and i can open windows simply but i want to open the page in iframe ... the code of iframe didn't work here ( i used the same code in all other shortcuts and start menu and worked well) that what i did (it contains all attempts)..i tried to write [helpSetting.php] that contains html iframe code but it open in window ... what can i do??

getStartConfig : function(){
return {
title: '4Smart',
iconCls: 'user-task',
toolItems:[{
text:'About Us',
/*handler:function()
{window.location = "1.php",mode: "iframe",scripts:true, win.show();},*/
//html:'<body><iframe src="1.php" width="100%" height="100%"></iframe></body>', // didn't work
iconCls:'icon-settings',
//handler: function() { window.location = "helpSetting.php";},
//handler: function(){url:"1.php"; mode:"iframe"; scripts:true},
scope:this
},........
thanks and sorry for disruption

Animal
24 Feb 2010, 1:16 AM
"wz and wzout"? "sry"?

I'm not attempting to read that.

Extjs works fine on IE.

Now, attempt to explain your problem in a manner we can understand. Without bizarre words, tortured formatting, and WITH [code] tags round the code!

re7abmk
24 Feb 2010, 1:31 AM
i am sorry... I did. i hope that will be clear now

Animal
24 Feb 2010, 2:29 AM
The UTF-8 problem on IE could be just a Microsoft problem. I don't have any experience of using non-latin character sets though, so I'm not sure.

If you want to use an iframe, use Doug Hendric's MagaedIFramePanel or ManagedIFrameWindow extension.

re7abmk
24 Feb 2010, 4:07 AM
The UTF-8 problem on IE could be just a Microsoft problem. I don't have any experience of using non-latin character sets though, so I'm not sure.

If you want to use an iframe, use Doug Hendric's MagaedIFramePanel or ManagedIFrameWindow extension.

Thank You Animal for reply
you mean (ManagedIFramePanel) i already used iframe but in a very simple way .... the specific Question was ... i want to open simple iframe by clicking the setting toolitem for example ( in the right side of the start menu in the web desktop application) is it possible??

Thank You so much for quick response...

Animal
24 Feb 2010, 4:08 AM
" i want to open simple iframe by clicking the setting toolitem for example"

I don't understand that.

re7abmk
24 Feb 2010, 5:27 AM
" i want to open simple iframe by clicking the setting toolitem for example"

I don't understand that.

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_L8alxOnhHTA/S4Umh699E0I/AAAAAAAAAWA/jINfEiWeUz0/s640/WD.JPG

web desktop start menu, the right side contains toolitems...

getStartConfig : function(){
return {
title: '4Smart',
iconCls: 'user-task',
toolItems:[{
text:'setting',
},'-',{
text:'Logout',
iconCls:'icon-logout',
handler: function() { window.location = "logout.php"; },
}]....

(this code is in sample.js file) i want to open iframe instead of [window.location = "logout.php";] but [handler: function()] didn't do that (or i can't deal with it to open iframe)
the code of iframe that i used in the left side menus (Gride window, tabs.....etc.) was

items:
new Ext.TabPanel({
activeTab:0,
items: [{
title: 'MyTitle',
header:false,
cls:'items',
html:'<body><iframe src="1.php" width="100%" height="100%"></iframe></body>',
border:false
}

and worked well

but i couldn't write

html:'<body><iframe src="1.php" width="100%" height="100%">instead of

handler: function() { window.location = "logout.php"; }i wan't to open simple html iframe in the toolitems (setting,logout) not to open window
is it possible???
i hope i explain well this time

Animal
24 Feb 2010, 5:29 AM
What do you mean "open an iframe"?

You want to load an external HTML page in a ManagedIFrameWindow?

re7abmk
24 Feb 2010, 5:40 AM
yes that i want

Animal
24 Feb 2010, 6:53 AM
So. Why can't you do it?

re7abmk
24 Feb 2010, 7:03 AM
So. Why can't you do it?

i tried this

html:'<body><iframe src="1.php" width="100%" height="100%">
and it doesn't work... i don't know how can i open html frame through toolitems!!!
please could you give me a sample...

Mike Robinson
24 Feb 2010, 7:05 AM
There aren't any ExtJS issues that are fundamentally different (i.e. "broken") between IE and Firefox. But there is a subtle issue with regard to JavaScript syntax.

A single misplaced comma that would be ignored by Firefox's (correct) implementation of JavaScript will kill a script in IE's (incorrect) JavaScript implementation. (And, instead of fixing the problem, Microsoft decided to go off on their own merry little world in what they have christened JScript. So, now the bugs are "official." 8-|)

I suggest that you get the Eclipse editor, drop the Aptana plug-ins into it, and then turn on "JSLint Syntax Checking." This more-aggressive error checking will detect syntax issues that IE has that Firefox does not. (It's free.)

These issues surface in many unexpected ways. They are always disruptive. And, if you do not know from experience what to suspect, they can be quite mysterious. My "gut feeling," then, is that you could be experiencing this kind of problem.

IE's implementation of style-sheets is also very-seriously borked. Make the slightest syntax error in a CSS file (according to Microsoft...:>) and IE will simply ignore the rest of it or possibly all of it. Your entire problem :(( could literally be caused by a single misplaced semicolon.

Animal
24 Feb 2010, 7:09 AM
new foo.bar.ManagedIFrameWindow({blah}).show()

re7abmk
24 Feb 2010, 11:40 AM
I suggest that you get the Eclipse editor, drop the Aptana plug-ins into it, and then turn on "JSLint Syntax Checking." This more-aggressive error checking will detect syntax issues that IE has that Firefox does not. (It's free.)

thank you for reply, i will download Eclipse editor and the aptana plug-ins into it and i will try :)

re7abmk
24 Feb 2010, 11:42 AM
new foo.bar.ManagedIFrameWindow({blah}).show()

Animal, Really thank You so much

Mike Robinson
24 Feb 2010, 1:45 PM
thank you for reply, i will download Eclipse editor and the aptana plug-ins into it and i will try :)
File..Preferences
Aptana..Editors..JavaScript..Validation. Activate "JSLint JavaScript Validator" in addition to "Mozilla."

Code should be completely clean in the "Validation" window.

Good luck "taming" Eclipse. /:) It's not friendly. Powerful, yes, but it will snap at your fingers and draw blood..
("You just hafta tickle the book on its spine, and then it turns into a kitten," Hagrid said quickly. "Uhh, did I ferget to tell ya that?")

re7abmk
24 Feb 2010, 1:54 PM
File..Preferences
Aptana..Editors..JavaScript..Validation. Activate "JSLint JavaScript Validator" in addition to "Mozilla."

Code should be completely clean in the "Validation" window.

Good luck "taming" Eclipse. /:) It's not friendly. Powerful, yes, but it will snap at your fingers and draw blood.. [/I]

I already used Aptana Editor and Eclips. I know that Eclips is not friendly so i tried it one time :) but if it will solve the problem, i don't care friendly or not :) (both Aptana and Eclips need high performance pcs)
Thanks Mike.. Thanks so much

Svr77
23 Mar 2010, 4:57 AM
I have the similar symptoms with ExtJs toolbar under IE8. For example, the following code works well under Mozilla & Opera, but doesn't work under IE (got JavaScript error):

initComponent: function() {

this.tbar = [{
html: '<b>Test</b>'
}]

MyApp.myGridPanel.superclass.initComponent.call(this);
}

This code is a part of initComponent code from GridPanel, where I am trying to create a toolbar with items. One of those items is contains HTML which throw an error in IE.

Is anybody has the similar problems (EXT 3.1.1 + IE8)?

mschwartz
24 Mar 2010, 11:35 AM
Anyone notice that IE doesn't work well on any Microsoft operating system?
:D

MikeB
7 Jul 2010, 9:31 AM
@Mike Robinson - While I like Eclipse and Aptana, if one is not used to using them running them simply to check one's JavaScript code is a bit of overkill.

@re7abmk - Try taking your JavaScript code and running it through JSLint (http://jslint.com/) directly (Warning: As stated on their website, JSLint WILL hurt your feelings :D).

Also check out the help (http://www.jslint.com/lint.html) for Lint and Douglas Crockford's article on "Code Conventions for the JavaScript Programming Language (http://javascript.crockford.com/code.html)".

MikeB
7 Jul 2010, 9:33 AM
Anyone notice that IE doesn't work well on any Microsoft operating system?
:D

Hmmm :-? Has anyone noticed that MOST things Microsoft don't work well on any computing platform (try MS Office or MS-IE on a Mac)???