PDA

View Full Version : EXT js 3.0 not working on IE8.0

nitin_apsora
25 Feb 2010, 8:20 AM
Could any body tell me how to run ext js code on ext js 3.0 on IE 8.0
My code is working on IE7 ,FIREFOX 3.5 But not IE 8.0.
What should I do?

rbastic
25 Feb 2010, 11:22 AM
Start by checking your DOCTYPE and maybe use an HTML 4.01 transitional doctype. This MIGHT fix IE 8 by putting it into compat-mode.

....Otherwise, start breaking your code down piece-by-piece until you find the piece that breaks IE 8.

I hate to say it, but this is the suckiest part about being a web developer.
You've *GOT* to be pro-active about testing in as many web-browsers as possible while developing: I regularly test in 4+ browsers (Firefox 3.6, IE 7/8, Chrome, Safari sometimes) every 20-50 lines of code for precisely this reason. There are just too many different factors that can go wrong.

Sorry, but without a sample that recreates the problem, I can't be of more assistance.

mitchellsimoens
25 Feb 2010, 3:25 PM
Could any body tell me how to run ext js code on ext js 3.0 on IE 8.0
My code is working on IE7 ,FIREFOX 3.5 But not IE 8.0.
What should I do?

First off, welcome to the Ext Forums!

Second, and learn this fast, do not post for help on why your code doesn't work without giving your code or at least a piece of your code that you think isn't working properly. You will get zero help from the veterans if you go the way you did.

Just a FYI.

nitin_apsora
2 Mar 2010, 3:32 AM
Thanks for your quick response. :)

I have used following doc type
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">

I have created two buttons as Save and Cancel and assign some tab index but it is not working on IE8

buttons: [
{
text: 'Save',
id:'savePatient',
tabIndex:26,
scope:this,
formBind:true,
handler:this.OnSubmit

},
{
text: 'Cancel',
scope:this,
tabIndex:27,
handler:function()
{
registerPatientWindow.hide();
if(Ext.getCmp('mrn') !== null)
{
Ext.getCmp('mrn').focus();
}

}
}]

mitchellsimoens
2 Mar 2010, 6:42 AM
wrap your code in the CODE brackets!

So if you hit the tab button 26 times it won't eventually get to it? Do you actually have 25 other tabIndexes before it?

Mike Robinson
2 Mar 2010, 8:20 AM
Yeah, unfortunately, "I beg to differ." Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702 at your service here. With ExtJS 3.0.

rbastic
2 Mar 2010, 9:58 AM
I've seen strange differences between IE 8 and IE 8 RC 1. (.18372 i believe is the patch #)