PDA

View Full Version : [CLOSED]Error Icon floating on fieldLabel

samGod
5 Mar 2010, 4:32 AM
Hello all

I didnt know where to post this, but im creating a registration form and im using a tabPanel for the main part of the form. When i validate the fields, the error icon of the fields in the tabs that are not showing do not render properly. They dont show up in the right position which is next to the fields. I am posting a picture below for you to look at.

I've searched the forum and found some answers in http://www.extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14335,
Jack Slocum wrote : There error icon uses x/y offset positioning to mark valid state. If it's in a tab with display noe, it won't work. Try adding hideMode: 'offsets' to the panels in your TabPanel and see if that corrects it.

I tried this solution, however the icon are still appearing on the label as you can see in the picture.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thank you in advance.

evant
5 Mar 2010, 4:36 AM
I believe this issue is corrected in SVN. You should see the fix in the next public build.

samGod
7 Apr 2010, 2:59 AM
I have just downloaded Extjs 3.2 and the bug doesnt seem to have been fixed, i tested the issue in chrome, mozilla and explorer.

Is there any way to bypass this bug or fix it in any way?
Thank you for your help

Jamie Avins
7 Apr 2010, 10:03 AM
This tabPanel, does it use deferedRender: false? Do you have layoutOnTabChange: true set?

samGod
7 Apr 2010, 11:19 AM
Thanks for your quick response,

The tabpanel does not use deferedRender or layoutOnTabChange, they are currently set to the default value as follow:

deferedRender: true
layoutOnTabChange:false

Jamie Avins
7 Apr 2010, 11:45 AM
Try turning on layoutOnTabChange. If you still have an issue, please provide a test case for this example.

samGod
7 Apr 2010, 12:06 PM
layoutOnTabChange actually did it!!

Thanks alot for your help!

Jamie Avins
7 Apr 2010, 12:11 PM
Note for others, this is most likely only applicable in 3.2+