PDA

View Full Version : Missing scrollbar on grid in tab panel

robert patterson
5 Mar 2010, 7:50 PM
I have a groupingview grid in one tab of a tab panel. The vertical scrollbar does not appear when the grid is expanded.

I have found that clicking to sort the columns in the grid causes the scrollbar to appear (after opening an extraneous panel in the tab group).

I suspect it needs doLayout() run on the grid panel or the tabs panel but neither fixes the problem. In the debugger I can see the grid object and it's doLayout() function but the debugger says it can't find the grid window when trying to do TT.grid.doLayout();

Animal
5 Mar 2010, 10:54 PM
Several posibilities.

1. You have rendered the GridPanel, so any Container has no idea that it's there.
2. You have used autoHeight: true which as the API docs tell you, defeat any layouts sizing
3 You have overnested in a no-layout Panel

But since you post no code, that o ore thha speculation based upon what people do time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time...

robert patterson
6 Mar 2010, 10:32 AM
Thank you. I think this gets me on the right path. I have rendered the grid into a div inside other things. Since the grid showed up I assumed it must be fine!