PDA

View Full Version : Vertical split with scrollbars

tryingextjs
6 Mar 2010, 9:38 PM
I would like to have a layout similar to this example:
http://www.extjs.com/deploy/dev/examples/layout/complex.html
But I want to have the center panel split vertically into two panels, each with 50% height. In addition, I'd like any overflow in the content of those two panels to be scrolled. I'm trying an anchor layout in the center panel with two items anchored at 0 and 50%. However, if the top panel contains too much content, it pushes down the bottom panel. Any suggestions on how I can get these to maintain the 50/50 ratio and use scrollbars? Bonus points if you can also suggest how to split the center panel into equal quadrants. Thanks in advance.

Animal
6 Mar 2010, 10:24 PM
You want a Panel split vertically?

Configure it layout: 'border', and put a north and center region in it. (note that you don't have to nest anything inside them. Want a grid in the north? Configure it region: 'north', and use it!

Right now, you have to specify the height of border regions (north, south, east and west), but there's an FR to allow %ages which they say will be implemented soon.

tryingextjs
7 Mar 2010, 8:21 AM
So there's no layout configuration that will currently allow for percent-based height?

tryingextjs
7 Mar 2010, 9:09 AM
Looks like the new vbox layout with flex: 1 and autoScroll: true does the trick here.