PDA

View Full Version : EXTJS download file

drabslab
12 Mar 2010, 6:47 AM
Recently, the CSS part of EXTJS has been reorganised in two folders, seperating the visual css aspects from the more structural ones. This makes it easier for people who want to develop their own themes.

Is there a similar split already available in the files structure of the EXTJS download that permits a novice user (like me) to distinguish the files which are only relevant on a testserver (examples, source codes, debug code...) and those which have to be available on the production server to make EXTJS function?

My apologies for not being familiar with the programming jargon, as said before I am a complete novice

tryanDLS
12 Mar 2010, 9:08 AM
Take a look at the include_order.txt file in your download. For production deployment purposes, you'll only need 2 js files plus the css file.

Even on a test server, you wouldn't need the individual files - those would only be needed on a dev machine.

drabslab
14 Mar 2010, 3:35 AM
Take a look at the include_order.txt file in your download. For production deployment purposes, you'll only need 2 js files plus the css file.

Even on a test server, you wouldn't need the individual files - those would only be needed on a dev machine.

thanks a lot, this is most useful

EXTJS is so big and I only started to look at it when version 3.0 was coming up. Not bein g a professional programmer it is not always easy to find out the basics