PDA

View Full Version : How to update a Ext.grid.EditGridPanel from TreePanel

DantesInferno
24 Mar 2010, 5:08 AM
Hello,

I have a Ext.tree.TreePanel that has as a datasource a HttpProxy that is fed from a database query. The tree is working perfectly at this time. The nodes are built from DB queries. I am trying to update the grid panel with the latest results of the clicked node, files being displayed in the editor while folders are displayed in the tree etc. So far I have not been able to figure out how to accomplish this, or at least the update method. Any help would be appreciated.

The behavior that I am going after is the typical behavior of a file manager.
Yes, I know that there are plenty of open source solutions out there but the files reside in a database and the entire file structure has been replicated in the DB. Yes, I know that is slow but the customer resides in a PL4 trusted environment....so the rules are very different in their world.

DantesInferno
25 Mar 2010, 8:45 AM
Has anybody ever used the same datasource to build a TreePanel and a EditorGrid and keep them in sync?

As an add on. I have a TreePanel built from Oracle SQL queries and a GridPanel that shares the same datasource as the TreePanel. The treepanel works perfectly (datasource is updated etc.) but the gridpanel does not show updates when I navigate through the tree, even when I call datastore.load on the expandnode event from the treepanel to update the grids datastore.
The datasource actually does update for a moment in the grid, it then reverts back to the original data that was initally loaded, looks as if the grid data never changes, but it does very briefly before reverting back. Probably pretty simple but I am at a loss at the moment.

DantesInferno
19 Apr 2010, 4:06 AM
Dis-regard...I figured it out. Everything works perfectly now...errr...no thanks to this vast and great forum.....