PDA

View Full Version : [DUPE-689] 3.2RC1: GroupTab deactivate event doesn't fire for different group

josh803316
25 Mar 2010, 11:47 AM
Ext version tested:

Ext 3.2 rev RC1

Adapter used:

ext

css used:

only default ext-all.css

Browser versions tested against:

Chrome 5.0.342.7 beta (On Fedora 11 X64bit)
FF3 (firebug 1.3.0.10 installed)

Operating System:

Fedora Core 11 (x86_64)

Description:

When using group tabs there are usually 'grouped' areas that have any number of sub areas. If I active a tab inside of one main grouping area and switch between tabs inside this area then the 'activate' and 'deactivate' events fire as they should. If I activate one tab and then switch to a different tab group I notice that the 'deactivate' event never fires for the original tab.

Test Case:

Just copy the GroupTab example and add an activate and deactivate event listener to the nested tab. Then, to recreate the issue, first activate the 'nested tab'....then switch to 'Configuration' you will notice that the 'deactivate' event doesn't fire.

Steps to reproduce the problem:

Create an activate and deactivate event listener for a group tab area. Choose the original tab area and verify the activate event fired.
Then, simply choose another group area different from that tab group and notice that the deactivate event for the original tab doesn't fire.

The result that was expected:

When leaving any tab area to switch to a different tab within the same tab group or when switching to a separate main tab group, the deactivate event should fire.

The result that occurs instead:

'deactivate' never fires

Debugging already done:

I verified that it fires when changing internal tabs within a single tab group but when switching between tab groups the event won't fire. Probably because within that group the same tab is still active.

Possible fix:

Not sure

Jamie Avins
25 Mar 2010, 12:53 PM
Duplicate:

http://www.extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93689