PDA

View Full Version : Load TabPanel content dinamically on activate event?

andrej_marincic
26 Mar 2010, 5:19 AM
Hello,

I want to build web application using ExtJS library. Some part of application will use multiple nested tab panels. Those tab pannels will be forms, htmleditors, grid pannels, treepanels....
What i found out is that nested tab panels are "slow" /:)

Question is: What i'm asking is, is it possible to initially add just "fake" tabs, where only tab title would be visible, and than on "activate" event i would load (using Ajax) real content - grid, forms and other heavy GUI controls?

I'm already using deferredRender: false settings, but that just isn't fast enough.

thank for your help, pointers in advance.
Andrej

BlueCamel
26 Mar 2010, 5:26 AM
Question is: What i'm asking is, is it possible to initially add just "fake" tabs, where only tab title would be visible, and than on "activate" event i would load (using Ajax) real content - grid, forms and other heavy GUI controls?

Yes, see the autoLoad method. Look at the basic tabs example if you want to see it in action.

andrej_marincic
26 Mar 2010, 5:46 AM
Yes, see the autoLoad method. Look at the basic tabs example if you want to see it in action.

BlueCamel, thank you for your answer, but as i understand autoLoad feature can only be used to load HTML into panel body, but i want to load some other control - maybe even another tabpanel. Is it possible to do this with autoLoad feature?

andrej