PDA

View Full Version : Date.parsedate(...) is null

TampaBay55
26 Mar 2010, 1:29 PM
Using 3.2 beta. I have a standard datefield on a form - very simple and no configs. As I type in the field I get a page error complaining that the date.parsedate(...) is null or not an object. Is this a bug or am I missing something?

sitarlo
29 Mar 2010, 10:58 AM
I'm having the same issue. I'm setting the minValue to (new Date()).clearTime(), but that works to give me dates in the future. I can take that line out and I still get the Date.parsedate error.

steffenk
29 Mar 2010, 11:21 AM
You should consult the API ;)
Date.parseDate - Javascript is case sensitive.

sitarlo
29 Mar 2010, 11:39 AM
You should consult the API ;)
Date.dateParse - Javascript is case sensitive.

Just a typo in the forum post. I don't call parseDate() anywhere in my script but when I load a page with a DateField on it I get repeating Date.parseDate(...) is undefined errors.

TampaBay55
29 Mar 2010, 11:39 AM
Hey Steffen:

I mistyped the error...I am not actually using it in my code - just the error I get when I type in a datefield.

I get the same error when looking at the examples as well, so I know it's not anyting in my code.

steffenk
29 Mar 2010, 12:02 PM
ah - i misspelled in my answer too :)

If you load ext-all-debug, type "Date.parseDate" in firebug console and press Strg+Enter. You should see function() which on click brings you to the core function. If not, something is disturbing, another script or whatever. You also can test same parsing you do in code in console.