PDA

View Full Version : Grid not rendering in IE8 (fine in FF)

Rouks
6 Apr 2010, 6:29 AM
See below screenshots from Internet Explorer 8 and Firefox 3.6
I'm using a GridPanel, XmlStore and XmlReader. Left screenshot is from FF and is showing data as expected. Apparently, data is loading from the server with IE8 as row headers are showing, but as you can see other columns don't show.
Is this a well-known problem or should I post my code for further investigation?
Thanks in advance for any help!

EDIT: SOLVED
The problem was with string.substr(-X,Y) not working in IE. Nothing to do with ExtJS.

Mike Robinson
6 Apr 2010, 7:38 AM
I don't have a specific answer for you, but I can make this observation: sometimes the timing of event-handling is subtly different between IE and FF. Look over the sequence of events that you are using, and consider adding 100 milliseconds or so of delay in some of the event-listener specs.

Basically, it's possible that you could be getting an event that signals that something's supposed to be ready, and responding to it immediately, when actually it's going to be ready in a few milliseconds. Mind you: it's not supposed to be this way, but sometimes it is. It's purely an artifact of the browser implementation, plus maybe the phase of the moon. All you can do is to code around it. "A spoonful of delay makes the medicine go down ..."