PDA

View Full Version : How to release memory using Extjs in IE?

wguo
22 Apr 2010, 7:02 PM
Hi all,
I think most people have met the problem : when open a tab in tabpanel, the memory will increase 15M , but when I close it , the memory does not release at all. So , when I run the app in a long time , the machine become more and more slowly unless I close the IE and reopen it. Dose anyone can help me ? Thanks!

bocockli
22 Apr 2010, 9:51 PM
Hi

When you say open and close, do you mean create and destroy tabs or hide and show tabs?

If you are creating and destroying tabs, I would recommend you consider creating all the tabs you need and simply show or hide as necessary. I have just tested my app which uses the hide/show approach and memory usage on IE 6 is flat. I wonder if the IE garbage collection may not cope well if you are creating and destroying a lot.

Len

wguo
22 Apr 2010, 11:11 PM
I know your mean, but my app is as follows : in the west part , there is the menu tree, when user click the menu , the centerRegion will dynamicly add a tab, when I click the 'X' on the tab , it close. so it fires the destroy event. and it is create and destroy. The hide and show situation occurs only all of the tabs be prepared which is not what we wanted.

wguo
23 Apr 2010, 2:05 AM
http://www.extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?47954-2.2-ExtJS-Desktop-memory-leak-on-IE