PDA

View Full Version : Portal demo - scrollbar problem in WebKit browsers

rblon
23 Apr 2010, 6:45 AM
I am having scroll bar issues in Chrome/Safari. The issue can be demonstrated with the portal demo (http://www.extjs.com/deploy/dev/examples/portal/portal.html).

If you open this page in one of the WebKit browsers and scroll to the bottom in "Grid in a Portlet". Now, when you take "Another Panel 2" and move it to the first column, the scrollbar will go to the top again, which is clearly not desired.

I am not sure how to solve this. Any tips?

ldonofrio
26 Jun 2010, 2:21 PM
Same problem here, this happens too with grids in accordion, grids in windows (min/max), collapsible panels with grids, etc.
I think this have something to do with the 'hidemode' in chrome, i try 'offsets', 'visibility', etc, but nothing work.

The poblem can be checked too in the "Desktop example", open "Grid Window" scroll to bottom, minimize win, maximize win and the scroll position is lost.

If anyone have a tip, please comment.

Thanks in advance

lienngoc
27 Jul 2010, 8:57 PM
Yep, this is really a SUPER BIG problem in IE. I've tested the 'desktop example' (follow the same reproducing steps) in IE8 (std mode) and this problem still occurs. Of course, this is really a problem only when the grid has many rows (in my case, 1000 rows).

Anyway, this behavior is weird for end users. Is there any hint to fix this in IE?

Best wishes,
Ngoc