PDA

View Full Version : Globally disabled QuickTips re-appearing after clicking a dom element

brianm8675309
26 Apr 2010, 10:03 AM
I have discovered a possible bug, and wanted to see if this is somehow desired behavior, or if someone can confirm it is a bug:

Ext version: 3.1.1
Browsers tested: Firefox 3.6.3, IE 8, Chrome 4.1

Symptom: QuickTips are appearing even when explicitly globally disabled.

More details: After disabling QuickTips globally using "Ext.QuickTips.disable();" Clicking on a dom element that contains an ext:qtip attribute will reenable QuickTips (although Ext.QuickTips.isEnabled() will still return false).

Steps to reproduce:
1) Using the Ext QuickTips example, modify the qtips.js file to add "Ext.QuickTips.disable();" to the bottom of the file, just below "Ext.QuickTips.init();"
2) Hover over the "QuickTip" div. Notice QuickTips are disabled.
3) Click the QuickTip div. Then move the mouse off then hover over it again. QuickTips are appearing again.

Thanks,
Brian

brianm8675309
26 Apr 2010, 12:45 PM
I tested further, and found that it does not matter where you click on the page. Clicking anywhere will re-enable the QuickTips.

sergei.stolyarov
4 May 2010, 2:10 AM
Confirm. Method "Ext.QuickTips.disable()" doesn't work.

Animal
4 May 2010, 2:56 AM
Ext.QuickTips.disable() does work. It disables the QuickTips singleton object.

But clicking on an element with an ext:qtip attributes does appear to re-enable QuickTips!

sergei.stolyarov
4 May 2010, 8:39 AM
But clicking on an element with an ext:qtip attributes does appear to re-enable QuickTips!

In my case (3.2.0) method disable just not working at all. After calling disabled() method isEnabled() is still returns true.