PDA

View Full Version : Panel's html content...can we get it?

jtpacheco
26 Apr 2010, 11:39 AM
I've been using a panel's content area to write text out to. Now I want to start appending, but I can't find a way to get the existing content to add new stuff to the end of it, then call panel.update(). Now, I can think of two ways around this already, so its not a big deal, but I'm just wondering if there's something I've overlooked that does allow you to get the "content" area of a panel, or a way to append instead of update the content area.

Thanks in advance.

jtpacheco
26 Apr 2010, 12:37 PM
Additionally, although perhaps unrelated, is there a way to force the "center" panel in a border layout to scroll? It does not listen to the "height" property as it needs to be able to adjust on the fly, but does that mean that autoscroll is inherently nonfunctioning as well?

swaitch
27 Aug 2010, 12:25 PM
If your panels are in a viewport with border layout you should be able to change the center panel to a table layout and it will scroll. That's what I did with mine.

Animal
27 Aug 2010, 11:22 PM
Rethink your design strategy.

Appending textual HTML?

What purpose is this center Panel serving? Some kind of an appendable log?

j-joey
29 Aug 2010, 7:28 AM
you can use a display field as in the Ext.Direct example ( http://dev.sencha.com/deploy/dev/examples/direct/direct.php )