PDA

View Full Version : Setting Up Vertical Scroll for FormPanel

mrapczynski
30 Apr 2010, 7:49 PM
I am working an advanced course roster application for the faculty at our institution. One of the primary features of the project is the inclusion of a simple e-mail client that helps automate sending messages to the members of an entire course. Sending group mail is harder than you might think with our aged mail system, particularly dealing with part time faculty who do not work on site and thus are harder to support. Providing our own client has proven a great way to help them remotely.

I've got the entire mail client implemented as we need it to be, works great. The only loose end is how to deal with smaller monitors, even though 1024x768 is making up less and less of the every day web traffic. The grid panel gets it perfect - when the viewport gets small enough then horizontal or vertical scrollbars appear. How can I duplicate this behavior when using a form panel? Here is the application layout hierarchy:

+ Card Layout (all application views)
++ Panel "Roster" (Border Layout)
----- Grid Panel (Center)
++ Panel "Essentials"
++ Panel "Options"
++ Panel "New E-Mail Message" (Border Layout)
----- Form Panel (Center)

The above chart should make more sense when you compare it to the screenshot I attached. You'll see the rich text editing component is cut off at the bottom when the browser is too small.

So, that's the issue. Any solutions? I've tried a combo of autoScroll configs sprinkled at various points but I cannot seem to get the vertical scrollbar to show.

Thanks,

Matt

Animal
1 May 2010, 12:53 AM
"sprinkling" configurations is not the way to go.

Programming is a deterministic process.

That tiny thumbnail looks non standard. Need to see code.

VinylFox
1 May 2010, 6:28 AM
Hard to tell without code, but I believe you need autoScroll set to true on the FormPanel, and it needs to be 'fit' to it's parent.

mrapczynski
2 May 2010, 2:05 PM
Hard to tell without code, but I believe you need autoScroll set to true on the FormPanel, and it needs to be 'fit' to it's parent.

Excellent! That suggestion worked, thank you Fox.

Sorry for the small image - it looks like the forum software had resized my image. I didn't personally resize the image after snapping it.

Have a good weekend gentlemen.

VinylFox
2 May 2010, 5:41 PM
Glad I could help.