PDA

View Full Version : Unable to Install Ext Designer for Aptana in Ubuntu 10.4

matt.rogers
8 May 2010, 9:59 AM
I have literally started using Aptana today with the 64bit edition of Ubuntu 10.4.
A link within the program offered a plugin which would add WYSIWIG support.
As you can probably guess that plugin was Ext Designer.

Upon downloading it I now have a binary called "ExtDesigner-1.0.0-linux-x64-installer.bin" and no notion of what to do with it, if anyone could help me out I would be eternally grateful.

13 May 2010, 4:02 AM
To my knowledge, there is no designer plugin for aptana.

matt.rogers
22 May 2010, 2:53 AM
literally every time I open aptana an add which says "Want a WYSIWYG visual designer with Studio? Announcing Ext JS Designer! Try it Now" is visible in the side pane. This app claims to have a stand alone version as well as a version which operates as an extension to Aptana. Unfortunately there are no help files and all you get once you download is a binary called "ExtDesigner-1.0.0-linux-x64-installer.bin" and I haven't the foggiest of what to do with it.

the download is here (http://www.extjs.com/signup/aptana.php?s2gs) Notice the Aptana logo on the page.
As I'm not much of a coder Aptana was recommended to me as an open source equivalent of Dreamweaver capable of being used as a WYSIWYG web design tool. I understand that Aptana is far more powerful in the hands of those who know how to use it properly but for me, this is all I need it to do and so far I haven't foundan open source or even Linux compatible commercial application which is anywhere near Dreamweaver in terms of usability and scope.

I have high hopes for Aptana but without a WYSIWYG plugin it is useless to me.

matt.rogers
22 May 2010, 2:55 AM
Also, I have been unable to find the standalone version of Ext designer to see if that fulfils my relatively basic needs.

nikhilkrishnan
22 May 2010, 4:23 AM
Not sure if this will help you matt.
.bin is the installation file for linux check this thread
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=233309

matt.rogers
22 May 2010, 6:02 AM
thanks I think that is all I needed. Apparently I get easily confused if there isn't a GUI.