PDA

View Full Version : Licensing

Nicholas Hopkins
25 Jul 2007, 1:18 AM
I have a small data company out here in Australia.- I love ext.nd and intend to release one of my data applications soon using it.
I have bought an ext.js developer licence (i'm a one man band).
Do I need any more licences?
Keep up the good work.

perka
25 Jul 2007, 2:10 AM
Let's see if I get this right, ext (and ext.nd) are licensed under the LGPL (among other licences), that means that you can use the libraries the way you like as long as you include the license and do NOT make modifications to them or make derivative works (applications that USE the library are not derivative works). In case you do modify or make derivative works of the library have to share your changes under the same license.

Did I get that right? :)

jratcliff
25 Jul 2007, 6:51 PM
Let's see if I get this right, ext (and ext.nd) are licensed under the LGPL (among other licences), that means that you can use the libraries the way you like as long as you include the license and do NOT make modifications to them or make derivative works (applications that USE the library are not derivative works). In case you do modify or make derivative works of the library have to share your changes under the same license.

Did I get that right? :)

Yep, you're right. :)

However, for those interested, we do plan on offering an Ext.nd license and subscription options in the near future.

~JR

Nicholas Hopkins
25 Jul 2007, 10:57 PM
Thanks Jack, give us a shout when they're out there,

n

Gurmeet Sodhi
30 Jul 2007, 6:19 AM
Jack,
please add me to your list, let me know when you are ready with ext.nd offering....
Thanks!
GS