PDA

View Full Version : Debuging/Error reporting -> JS FWs conflicts

iwosz
17 May 2010, 3:06 AM
Hi,

I'm using jQuery and few other JS libraries, also ExtJS with jQ adapter. JS files are included in <head> section and ExtJS code is loading as ajax request result(full html code + js). I generate GridPanel and everything is ok... but when I try to generate FormPanel(with self-defined Vtype but it's not important) there is some problem because FormPanel not appears...JS code don't generate FormPanel... don't do anything. Instead of this no errors/warning are shown in FireBug, it looks like there are no errors in code but FormPanel not appears... I suppose some JS FW conflict but... and here is my real question:

How to debug such errors? There are some debug functions(I was trying to include ext-all-debug.js but it change nothing...). How to get info about this problem, what line in what file cause the problem?

greets.

Condor
17 May 2010, 3:29 AM
1. Enable break-on-all-errors in Firebug (in case it is a silent error).
2. Examine the DOM (maybe the form is rendered, but hidden somehow).

iwosz
17 May 2010, 11:05 PM
ok, I have sth, in function onRender():

ext-all-debug.js - line 9996:

ct.dom.insertBefore(this.el.dom, position);error:

ct is nullwhat is 'ct' ? what cause the problem?

My Ext code I use to render FormPanel. (http://paste.org/pastebin/api/18603)

and HTML:

<div id="dr"></div>greets.

Condor
17 May 2010, 11:18 PM
This probably means it can't find the element with id="dr".

1. Are you sure the div with id="dr" exists?
2. Which Ext version are you using? Some Ext versions have problems with Ext.onReady in frames.

iwosz
17 May 2010, 11:32 PM
ext-3.2.1 and I don't use frames or iframes, I just load content(HTML + JS) using ajax. I'm using FireFox 3.6

Div with id="dr" exists for sure, but even when I change id to sth like "extjs_dr_unique_id" it doesn't work.

Maybe there is some other way to generate this FormPanel?