PDA

View Full Version : BarChart bug



scaswell1
18 May 2010, 12:33 PM
BarChart chart = new BarChart(BarStyle.GLASS);
if (config.getColor() != null) {
chart.setColour(config.getColor());
}
BarDataProvider provider = new BarDataProvider(config.getValueField(), config.getLabelField());
provider.bind(store);
chart.setDataProvider(provider);
model.addChartConfig(chart);Object 'config' is a non-null object containing the appropriate Strings and a non-empty ListStore.

This code compiles and shows the chart as I expect it to appear when running in GWT hosted mode.
When the code is compiled and run as javascript, I get the following error:

"g.d is null
function bsb(a){var b,c,d,e,g,h,i,j,k;...Bd,h.c));Ez(i,G6d,oBd(new mBd,h.b))}}"

This should not be functioning in debug mode, if it isn't going to work when compiled.

sven
18 May 2010, 12:36 PM
I moved this to the help forum for now. This post is meaningless.

PLese read the bugforum guidelines and post a fully wokring testcase that implements EntryPoint.

scaswell1
18 May 2010, 12:53 PM
I don't have the time to create and post a fully working testcase that implements EntryPoint.

I found from digging through your forums that your DataProvider code is buggy on the method getMaxYValue().
The suggested solution of overriding the bug by copying the DataProvider source and fixing the code, and placing it in an identical hierarchical spot seems to work in hosted mode but not in compiled version.

Why we pay for a library that takes more than 6 months to fix a simple bug is beyond me.

That being said, I'll fix it myself. I wanted to make you aware of the bug, that's all.

sven
18 May 2010, 12:57 PM
The suggested solution of overriding the bug by copying the DataProvider source and fixing the code, and placing it in an identical hierarchical spot seems to work in hosted mode but not in compiled version.

So you changed some code on your own and than it does not work anymore as you want it to work?



I found from digging through your forums that your DataProvider code is buggy on the method getMaxYValue().
only with empty stores and this will be fixed with gxt 2.2


I'll fix it myself.
If you can fix it yourself, why dont you actually say whats wrong than?



Why we pay for a library that takes more than 6 months to fix a simple bug is beyond me.

If you ahve a supportsubscription open a ticket in the ticketsystem if it is an urgent issue for you. Most support subscriptions have emergency hotfix builds. Just telling us this after 6 months does not help anyone.

scaswell1
19 May 2010, 3:44 AM
So you changed some code on your own and than it does not work anymore as you want it to work?


only with empty stores and this will be fixed with gxt 2.2


If you can fix it yourself, why dont you actually say whats wrong than?




If you ahve a supportsubscription open a ticket in the ticketsystem if it is an urgent issue for you. Most support subscriptions have emergency hotfix builds. Just telling us this after 6 months does not help anyone.

This seems to be the bug I'm encountering - judging by the thread creation date of 7 Dec 2009 puts the timeline at roughly 6 months since your team was informed. I didn't wait 6 months - I waited about one hour of debugging to verify that it was not a bug in my code.

Post #2 in that thread suggests the fix to the problem.
Post #10 suggests a method of replacing the file that contains the bug. This suggestion works (for me) in hosted mode and does not work when compiled.
Post #s 14 and 15 highlight the fact that you didn't fix this in the release that came almost three full months later.
Post #16 tries to excuse this fact by saying the bug is quite minor. Last I checked, significance didn't change the fact that it is a bug, and therefore should be fixed. Bad habits.

I assure you that my store is not empty, as when I use hosted mode, the exact same code happens to display data.

sven
19 May 2010, 4:33 AM
As you ignored everythign i said, i am closing this.