ERP system for parents association with Ruby on Rails / Ext JS (Demo !)
I have developed a ERP system in Ruby on Rails and Ext JS. Every customer has its own "client" (many customers working on the same system - but totally separated data). This way it works perfectly as an ASP solution !
Check it out on a demo "client" in English, German or Spanish!
Until now the following modules are developed:
Technical core features are:
- Management of the "client": users, user groups with permission roles, temporary holiday replacements to work in the role of another user, email settings, client specific standard settings (to change the GUI, allow self registration of users, ...)
- Course management (e.g. for companies offering any kind of courses or for parents associations which have to manage parents and children by schoolyear) with additional features like trainer management, send and receive emails, automatic mass emailing (with prepared standard email templates e.g. for confirmation or rejection of course rservations), generation of invoices (incl. controlling and account informations for import into a accounting system), RSS news feed, PDF and CSV reports, ...
- Starting also small CRM module...
- An extensive online help describes everything in detail
Ext-JS was a great help to make a user friendly and intuitive system that does not require very much training in order to use it.
- Usable as ASP solution (SaaS)
- Multiple "business components" - that means various application-modules can be registered in a client
- Multi language & multi timezone
- Multi channel architecture (includes support for mobile devices)
- Purely webbased RESTful WOA
- Client-Capability (many customers can work in parallel on the same system - like e.g. in SAP)
- Finegrained roles & rights concept (Access Control Lists for functional rights and object rights)
- Flexible and powerful user handling with usergroups and e.g. holiday replacement
- Easy & quick deployment possible by virtualized server environment (all installed within a virtual machine)
- Sending of emails directly out of the application (each client with its own email settings) and for each client the email templates can even be customized individually by the user (via HTML and "Liquid")
- CSV export of all tables, PDF printing of some reports
- All Ext 2.2 themes I have found are implemented (see theme button on right side of menu bar)
The homepage of the application is www.ev-manager.com. Its not very nice, but gives some more information.
From there a link to the "Demo client" is given to try it out. The direct link to the demo system is www.ev-manager.com/demo/login .
The demo user is "demo_en" for the English version. There is also available a German (demo_de) and a Spanish (demo_es) demo user. Password is always "demo123".
Thank you Daniel for the feedback !
Opening the pdf reports and CSV files directly from the menutree or menubar in a new window only works in Firefox - for unknown reasons I cannot get it working it for IE (via toolbar bottons it works in some other cases where pdf is generated or CSV files). Seems to be the same problem in Safari - according to your feedback.
The biggest problem for me is the adaption to the screen resolution - I do not know how to do that.
Does someone have an idea on how to do that ?
Lots of new functionality and a RSS news feed
Lots of new functionality available, among others a EditorGrid for speed entering children and assigned courses. The first time I use the EditorGrid - I should have checked it out before - it can add a lot of usability improvement to some screens.
I have now also implemented a feature to enter news (either system wide under the tab "News" on www.ev-manager.com or client specific like e.g. under www.ev-manager.com?mid=demo .
Does someone know if there is some RSS news reader available in Ext-JS ? I would like to improve the handling of RSS news on the homepage.