Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
[FIXED-202] Cannot use "Auto Columns" feature after storeId has been changed
Designer version tested:
Steps to reproduce:
1. Add an XML Store, put some arbitrary field names into it (do not rename - should be called MyStore)
2. Create a grid, bind it to MyStore using the "Gear" icon dropdown, and right click -> Auto Columns
This works fine... now:
3. Change MyStore "storeId" property to "CarStore"
4. Delete the grid columns (or create a new grid), and try auto-columns again.
5. Rename storeId again to "MyOtherStore"
6. In the grid config, change "store" property to "MyOtherStore." (Manually from the Component Config table, not using the "Gear" dropdown menu.)
Now the Auto columns right click is disabled altogether.
also re-opening xds project doesn't solves the problem. its permanent. same problem occurs when you clone a store.
Thanks guys, I'll open a ticket and make sure it's fixed before the next release.
I cant do this with a json store either...
Mac OSX 10.6.3
I am having the same issue with the latest version (126.96.36.199) and a JSON store.
Thanks guys!! I"ll do it.
Same issue on Linux, Build Version: xds-188.8.131.52