8 Jun 2010 4:08 PM #1
I'm have an unbelievable $%@&ing time with my script files not reloading correctly during edits. I'm using Firefox with Firebug. I THOUGHT I turned off any caching for my development site. I edit using a basic text editor on the remote server. I add or remove that one friggin' semicolon necessary...think it's right...only to discover three refreshes later that the problem was elsewhere. Then I start getting some trailing garbage appended to the end of the file (NO idea what that's about).
To summarize, my development platform includes:
Linux Server, runing Cherokee + PHP
PHP/JS edits performed on server via ssh using mceditor
Viewing using local Windows and/or Linux Firefox + Firebug.
There's gotta be a secret to this. Something really simple - that I'm totally missing. Please give me a hint what it is. If there's an IDE that simplifies this - great.
8 Jun 2010 5:24 PM #2
- Join Date
- Apr 2007
- Sydney, Australia
- Vote Rating
Doesn't really make sense. I use Aptana/FF/Firebug for a majority of my development and I never have problems.Evan Trimboli
Twitter - @evantrimboli
Don't be afraid of the source code!
By Arikon in forum Community DiscussionReplies: 33Last Post: 29 Apr 2014, 11:07 PM
By Ronaldo in forum Community DiscussionReplies: 5Last Post: 21 Apr 2011, 10:15 PM
By caesarloh in forum Ext 3.x: Help & DiscussionReplies: 8Last Post: 22 Jun 2009, 10:25 PM
By TommyMaintz in forum Community DiscussionReplies: 5Last Post: 27 Oct 2008, 6:36 AM
By quilleashm in forum Ext 1.x: Help & DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 20 Jun 2007, 7:09 AM