Thread: Make editorgrid column not enterable

Sencha Premium Member

Default Make editorgrid column not enterable

I have a editor grid with a date column followed by a column to be populated with the Day-of-week by change event in date cell . I don't want the user to need to tab over the dow column, or be able to enter it at all.

How do I make the dow column not enterable, i.e. tab or arrow from adjacent cell skips this cell (same direction) on to the next column?

thanks,

max

Make the day of week column un-editable?

Sencha Premium Member

The column doesn't have an editor. I added editable: false to the column properties and no difference.

I suspect I need to go a bit deeper into the grid to handle key events and for this cell emit an additional tab/arrow movement event to move one more cell fwd/backward.

thanks, good idea but ... :-(

This is not the default behavior, afaik. When I make an Editor Grid Panel with 4 columns and one without an editor, I can't tab to it at all. I can't arrow to anything...I certainly can't edit an un-edittable column. Maybe you've modified the way the grid works and forgotten about it?

Sencha Premium Member

You are correct, arrow keys don't move from cell to cell unless you first select a cell with the mouse, the until a field is edited the arrow keys will allow navigation from cell to cell up/down/left/right and also enter the non-editable cells. Otherwise one has to use tab or shift-tab. So if I have a grid that is already populated I will go to the end at a new row and the user will figure it out from there no longer needing to use mouse to enter the grid (I hope I can figure out how to set initial focus).

thanks for the help,

max