Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: [FIXED-131] Android: Scrolling Issues

Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Touch Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by TommyMaintz View Post
    For the RC1 we have rewritten the scroller. The API has almost entirely been preserved. The performance of scrolling has been greatly improved on both Android and iOS due to these changes. Unfortunately the scroller still hangs (although a lot less often) sometimes on Android.
    Tommy - I'm sorry to say, but even with RC1 lists are useless on the HTC Desire. I can break the Kitchen Sink in a fraction of a second, right from the first screen :-(. They lock up as soon as I try to flick.

Does this really work for you? Is this a limitation of my phone?

Touch Premium Member

I just realised that I can "unlock" the device by tilting it. The resize handler or something similar seems to heal it. And even more interesting: once I've "unlocked" it this way, it seems to be much more stable than before.

Eg. if I browse to Kitchen Sink/UI/List and immediately do a flick, it would lock up. Rotate the device, and it would sometimes temporarily lock up, but never really freeze the app any more. If I do the first flick in the main menu, then unlock and go UI/List, I can hardly lock the app any more.

Does the resizing some magic which should already be done during initialization?

Sencha User

Hello,

i have the same Problem on Android 2.2 and the HTC Desire in RC1 .

In my own App I scroll in the List first of all normaly and it works. But if I don`t wait of the scroll animation and I scroll again, the app freeze often.

The same in the kitchen sink demo, on the simple, grouped or disclouser List examples.

I can reproduce it in the touch events demo, but is harder to reproduce it, often in the EventLog are tapcancel or dragend at least in the log.

The scroller in beta 0.97 works best for me until now on Android.

greetz milo

The HTC Desire has always been the most web-app-unfriendly Android device we've ever tested on, all due to the HTC Sense layer that prevent JavaScript on any web page to capture touch events properly. However it is still our priority to improve the Scroller further on such devices post-1.0
    Sencha Touch Lead Architect

Touch Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jacky Nguyen View Post
    The HTC Desire has always been the most web-app-unfriendly Android device we've ever tested on, all due to the HTC Sense layer that prevent JavaScript on any web page to capture touch events properly. However it is still our priority to improve the Scroller further on such devices post-1.0
    Ugh... and I opted for the Desire as they didn't have the Samsung Galaxy when I rushed out to get some device to test with... Would the Galaxy (or the Galaxy Tab) be a more reliable option?

Good to hear you're still improving this. Thanks for your effort!

This issue still exists and is a HUGE problem for the use of Sencha on apps that will target Android devices. What can be done - has anyone found a workaround?

Touch Premium Member

Hmm.... I must admit I haven't seen any lockup in quite some time. asinc - you might want to post more information like exact Sencha version, your device details etc.
    HTC Desire - Android: 2.2 - Kernel: 2.6.32.15-gf5a401c - Build: 2.29.405.2 - WebKit: 3.1

Thanks for the reply mberger - so it looks like at least on your Desire 2.2 it is ok now. I'm just trying to run the most recent kitchen sink of Sencha as the test - navigation is not bad but scrolling starts/stops/locks and is very unresponsive at best. I am testing with an HTC Magic with 2.1 currently - perhaps it is a device issue so I'll track down another device to try.

Are there others testing with 2.1 and/or older versions with success? The request by our business is to support 1.6 and up with whatever we choose.

Thanks

As a follow on to this I just tested the Kitchen Sink demo at:
    http://dev.sencha.com/deploy/touch/e...s/kitchensink/

This time I used a brand new HTC Desire HD w Android 2.2, navigated to the List demo and scroll up and down quickly a couple times to see how smooth it is - on about the third up and down it freezes and becomes unresponsive. Tried this on WiFi and 3G and same result.

Exclamation Issue still exists on HTC G2

I'm encountering the same issue on HTC G2 (Android 2.2). The issue exists on Wifi and 3G. I go to Kitchen Sink, click User Interface->List, then scroll up and down a few times, then it locks. After about 5-20 seconds it unlocks, and I can scroll again. Obviously, this fundamental scrolling lagginess is unacceptable.

We're in the process of removing Sencha from our application as much as possible because of scroll and animation lagginess on both Android and iPhone. Things work great in desktop Chrome & Safari as well as iOS Simulator, but on actual phone hardware there's too much lag to be usable. We would purchase premium Sencha support if we thought it would help, but with such fundamental issues in a "stable" release, it's hard to have confidence. Plus, despite the $400/hr price for premium support, it looks like their terms make no satisfaction guarantees or bug fix guarantees. Hoping JQuery Mobile will launch soon with less issues!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast