8 Aug 2010 11:04 PM #1
[OPEN-1407]GridPanel w/ CheckboxSelectionModel can hide all columns (except checkbox)
Ext version tested:
- Ext 3.2 rev 1
- only default ext-all.css
Browser versions tested against:
- FF3 (firebug 184.108.40.206 installed)
- Windows Vista Business
- When using a GridPanel with CheckboxSelectionModel (so checkboxes a are shown in the first column of the grid) it is possible to hide all columns except the checkbox column. Now it gets worse because the checkbox column has no column header and so it is not possible to show a column again, except a page reload. If you use StateManagement then you are really lost because then there is no way, except clearing the state, to show the columns again.
I think its a bug because a GridPanel without CheckboxSelectionModel does not allow to hide the last visible column
Just use a simple GridPanel with a CheckboxSelectionModel
Steps to reproduce the problem:
- Remove all columns of the GridPanel by using the header menu
- After removing the last one, there is only the checkbox column left.
The result that was expected:
- The GridPanel should check if there is at least one column with a header menu left. Otherwise hiding should not be possible.
The result that occurs instead:
- All columns, except the checkbox column, can be hidden. Now there is no way to show the columns again.
Screenshot or Video:
Debugging already done:
- not provided
8 Aug 2010 11:08 PM #2
- Join Date
- Mar 2007
- The Netherlands
- Vote Rating
Can't you just configure the CheckboxSelectionModel with menuDisabled:false?
8 Aug 2010 11:33 PM #3
Okay thats a working solution for us. I also have to set groupable: false to the CheckboxSelectionModel, otherwise the "grouping" checkbox in the menu could be clicked.
But it's still a bug I think. Or if not it should be documented that these config properties can be set on CheckboxSelectionModel. There are no config properties "menuDisabled" and "groupable" in the API docs of CheckboxSelectionModel.
9 Aug 2010 11:12 PM #4
10 Aug 2010 7:56 AM #5
We're going to update the documentation.
12 Oct 2010 11:30 PM #6
The documentation has not been updated until now! Even not with ExtJs 3.3.0!
1 Dec 2010 6:50 AM #7
It's still undocumented. Please reopen the bug report.
By Alex.Leshkin in forum Ext GWT: Bugs (2.x)Replies: 1Last Post: 19 Jan 2010, 10:59 PM
By v.madhu in forum Ext 3.x: Help & DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 16 Nov 2009, 12:26 AM
By nunziofiore in forum Ext 2.x: Help & DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 4 Apr 2008, 7:09 AM