9 Sep 2010 9:57 AM #1
[FNR] Grid horizontal scrollbar not working properly
Ext version tested:
- only default ext-all.css
Browser versions tested against:
- FF3 (firebug 184.108.40.206 installed)
- WinXP Pro
- In my application i have two many columns in grid so it shows horizontal scroll bar now if i scroll horizontal scroll bar and Select row sometime what it does it take back the horizontal scroll bar to starting. same issue is there in Ext GWT example.
- click on basic grid.
- re-size width of one column so that its start showing horizontal scroll.
- now select rows after selecting row 5-6 times or may be in first time its move the horizontal scroll back to start position.
- if user clicks on any row it should not move the horizontal scroll to start.
- selecting row 5-6 times or may be in first time its move the horizontal scroll back to start position.
9 Sep 2010 10:09 AM #2
10 Sep 2010 9:10 PM #3
Grid horizontal scroll not workin
As per my knowledge issue could be due the fact its calling handleMouseDown function of GridSelectionModel on mousedown in that its calling focusCell function of gridview class. focuscell function takes three parameter rowIndex, colIndex and one boolean hscroll. Value of Hscroll is "true". focusCell function is calling ensureVisible function and passing all the three parameters as it is. so as Hscroll is true EnsureVisible function does some manipulation on horizontal scroll and scroll it to start.
Could somebody please update me whether my finding is correct or not as i am in urgent need of solution.
14 Sep 2010 1:43 AM #4
If you click on the first cell, than it will make that cell visible and so adjusts horizontal scrolling. Is that what you are describing? If you always click the second cell, it wont scroll.
However it should not scroll, i updated the code.
14 Sep 2010 2:08 AM #5
Fix is in SVN as of revision 2226 for GXT 2.2.1
14 Sep 2010 9:42 AM #6
Bug i am describing is that if we have a grid and there is horizontal scroll and user move the horizontal scroll to end and click to select different different row and keeps on doing the same after doing 5-6 times it moves back horizontal scroll back to starting.
you can get the same issue in the demo shown for ext gwt basic grid example also, there is no horizontal scroll to produce bug so you need to increase width of any column such that its start showing horizontal scroll.
i hope above information should clarify you bug in more details.
kindly update me what workaround i should follow to fix the above issue.
14 Sep 2010 12:22 PM #7
The workaround would be to change the GridSelectionModel and call ensureVisible with the hscroll attribute set to false (this change is also in SVN already).
By moldoe in forum Ext GWT: Bugs (2.x)Replies: 1Last Post: 15 Mar 2010, 5:06 AM
By michael melsen in forum Ext 3.x: Help & DiscussionReplies: 7Last Post: 27 Oct 2009, 3:42 AM
By madinrno in forum Ext 2.x: Help & DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 15 Jul 2009, 6:38 AM
By cgokey2 in forum Ext GWT: Help & Discussion (1.x)Replies: 2Last Post: 17 Apr 2009, 4:25 AM
By pojo in forum Ext 1.x: Help & DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 11 Jan 2009, 10:41 PM